• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

waveshine dash upsmash

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
How do you perform the upsmash when you have to dash? I've been using up on control stick + A, but you can also claw y+c stick, or up on both sticks. I feel like when I use controlstick+A, i accidentally end up charging a lot of the time and the up smash comes out late if im trying to follow up after a waveshine. Obviously a preference based question, but how do you guys personally do it?

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I use up+a. To avoid charging it, just make sure you tap a instead of holding it at all.
I like up+a because my finger is usually already resting on the a button. Also, if I'm doing a jc upsmash for up throw up smash against spacies, you generally can charge it, which you can only do with up+a.

Last edited:

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
If you are worried about charging the upsmash you can use c-stick. If you do use c-stick make sure to learn up+a as well so you can charge it to finish off a chaingrab. The way I do it is exactly the same as everyone else I just use up+cstick up if I'm not charging the smash.

Espurr's Eyes

Smash Cadet
Can't you also use crouch to cancel the dash in order to C stick up? I don't know if it's faster or the same speed as jump cancelling but it's definitely more lenient timing.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Can't you also use crouch to cancel the dash in order to C stick up? I don't know if it's faster or the same speed as jump cancelling but it's definitely more lenient timing.
The problem is that you can only crouch out of run. If you want to upsmash out of dash, you need to jump cancel it. Also, I think its faster to jump cancel but I'm not sure

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
I use up+a. To avoid charging it, just make sure you tap a instead of holding it at all.
I like up+a because my finger is usually already resting on the a button. Also, if I'm doing a jc upsmash for up throw up smash against spacies, you generally can charge it, which you can only do with up+a.
Isn't it possible to jc up smash and hold z and it still charges?

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I always claw with c stick and jump button...is it possible to just use z or just hold z after the c stick (what I do now)?
If you use the c stick to initiate the upsmash, it cannot be charged

I was wrong, if you hold z or a in a certain time frame it will charge

Last edited:

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
If you use the c stick to initiate the upsmash, it cannot be charged
false
I always claw with c stick and jump button...is it possible to just use z or just hold z after the c stick (what I do now)?
after you put in the inputs for the up smash, you need to hold a or z before the charge frame for whatever smash you want to use. the frame data for them are in a pinned thread.

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
after you put in the inputs for the up smash, you need to hold a or z before the charge frame for whatever smash you want to use. the frame data for them are in a pinned thread.
This is what I do now, was wondering if it was actually easier and that you could actually just use z but I guess I can't fix what's not broken

Top Bottom