• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavelanding

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
Yes, yes it's real easy to waveland, I mastered every single move of falco. I always see in vids that when they use falco they waveland on the platforms in battle field, dreamland, etc. i've tried it and I could do it, but I always seem to fall most of the time throught the platform and dodge in the air. Any advice to do this? And is wavelanding important to use as falco?

While you are here check out my thread too plz. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97047

Giggidax

Smash Ace
ur problem on airdodging thru the platform is because u fastfall before u actually airdodge. since u fastfall before u airdodged, the game will let u go thru the platform

i have this problem also. the only way to fix this is to practice and not tilt the control stick too early.
but is wavelanding necessary? i would say its a nice tactic to use if u can efficiently use it. lol did that make sense? well yea it can sometimes overwhelm ur opponent into thinking ur the most agile player ever. but it can also set u up for some nasty combos.
and it can ALSo open up oppurtunities for u to waveland aerial>combozz

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
it allows you to dominate platform levels.

edit: i think you can wavedash/land off of a platform backwards. if you try to do it forwards you just lean over the edge.

mathos

Smash Champion
If you're airdodging through the platform you're pressing L or R too late. Press it earlier.

The fastfallers are harder to waveland with since they travel more distance in less time while falling and jumping. If you're having a lot of trouble try wavelanding with ganon or somebody with a big center of gravity that doesn't move fast. I wouldn't suggest bowser b/c he's jumps and waveland suck.

xelad1

Smash Ace
Just stick with falco and keep practicing eventually you'll get it down

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
yeha on platform levels id say wave landing is a pretty important skils to help you dominate the stage in both speed an maneuverability

so id suggest learning it

im only a mediocre wave lander but getting it right lets you glide pretty fast over and off the platforms and give you a level of stage control which is hard otherwise

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Platform wavelanding is just another mindgame. If you are profficient at mindgaming, learn it. If you haven't gotten to that point yet, don't worry about it just yet.

Either way, when you do decide to work on it, you just need to keep on and keep on until you get the timing down, you're hitting R/L too late. I remember a bunch of little things like that that took me a while to learn as well. Just keep on practicing, and if you ever get discouraged, move onto something else for a bit, it's not a make-or-break situation!

Top Bottom