• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavelanding SH Fair

Verduyn

Smash Cadet
Recently I have been practicing wavelanding SH fairs and have discovered it to be incredibly useful. I personally use A instead of the C-stick to input the fair as it is quicker and the window to input the fair isn't very large.

So, what can you do out of a waveland fair? Well waveland fair can set up very nicely for any of Ivy's tilts, most notably up tilt which can make for some very nice combos. Also if you get the right hitbox and knockdown your opponent then waveland forward to reverse fsmash covers every teching option. Wavelanding back as a defensive option could prove to be very useful as a spacing tool and can set up for the strong hit of dtilt.

Unfortunately my pc is fried at the moment so I don't have any recordings of this but I will get some when everything is working properly again

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Reddit thread comments copy/paste for reference:

Swann Swann
Just commenting to make sure everyone knows to (ab)use fair retreating waveland->dtilt against marth

@Steel Kangaroo
SH fair waveland back dtilt for baits, SH fair waveland forward ftilt if they shield and you want to apply pressure

@it's Papa
I sometimes do fully spaced retreating fair into waveland in ftilt/jab to good effect

Last edited:
Top Bottom