• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
I need help with Wavedashing.

I've only done it once, which had me ending up in a SD. Needless to say, I fail at it. -.-;

And that was last month, so I've totally forgotten how to do it. Help, please.

pdk

Smash Lord
jump -> airdodge diagonally downward

it helps to think of x/y and r as one button press i've found

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really wish I could give you the link to the Advance techniques video since it could describe it much better then me but it seem youtube isn’t working right now

Okay to do a wavedash
1. Jump
2. Mid air dodge towards the ground in a angle
3. Slide
If you master the timing of your character jump it will look like you didn't even leave the ground and a much a smoke will raise.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Jump, then immediately after hold diagonally downward and press the search button.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
jump -> airdodge diagonally downward

it helps to think of x/y and r as one button press i've found
Just felt like I should add that if you're playing as Falco, Ganon, Link or...uhh, crap, can't remember the fouth guy...anyway, one of those guys, this does NOT work, since their WD is laggy.

It's all in practice, my friend. I could do it fluently in about a week. It's far from the hardest technique to learn out there, but it's tough at the beginning. After that, it's a piece of cake. Chocolate cake.

pdk

Smash Lord
it's worked fine for me with just about everyone (aside from bowser since his only works if you think of them as separate button presses), just have to wd once or twice at the start of a match to refresh your muscle memory as to how theirs work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom