• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wavedashing with falco

Brdwthacgr

Smash Rookie
i have a personal problem and im wondering if any has any ideas how to combat this. i mained falco over 2 years ago but havent played in a long time. getting back into the game now and i found that i can wavedash with my secondaries, fox and ice climbers but im having trouble mainly with marth and falco's wavedash. it seems that im pressing L to early, so early in fact that im pressing it in the jump squat animation causing me to do an awkward jump instead of a wavedash. i dont have these problems with fox and ice climbers because they have a shorter jump squat animation. so i see it as i either stop playing them and train my muscle memory to press it later or find a way to combat the issue without giving them up. does anyone have any advice?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
To wavedash with Falco, you'll have to get the muscle memory. You don't have to drop Fox or ICs either; I play Puff and Pikachu who have a 2-frame squat difference. You just have to work the muscle memory for all characters and know how it felt pressing the inputs.

To me, Puff WD has an ever so slight delay between the jump and R button (Falco and Puff have the same jump squat). As for Pikachu, it feels like I'm pressing both jump and R at the same time.

Get 20XX 4.07 for the tag team mode so you can swap between characters mid match. This is just a way to get a feel for having to change characters.

Last edited:

Brdwthacgr

Smash Rookie
To wavedash with Falco, you'll have to get the muscle memory. You don't have to drop Fox or ICs either; I play Puff and Pikachu who have a 2-frame squat difference. You just have to work the muscle memory for all characters and know how it felt pressing the inputs.

To me, Puff WD has an ever so slight delay between the jump and R button (Falco and Puff have the same jump squat). As for Pikachu, it feels like I'm pressing both jump and R at the same time.

Get 20XX 4.07 for the tag team mode so you can swap between characters mid match. This is just a way to get a feel for having to change characters.
thanks for the help, ill try that out!

Top Bottom