• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in brawl: confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Taucer

Smash Cadet
Somebody posted this on the OCR boards, wasn't sure if it had been posted here yet:

From the nintendo world trailer. This looks suspiciously like a wavelanding, doesn't it?

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yep. :) So that is good I guess, wavedashing will most likely be in it. Even if it wasn't in Brawl, I don't think I would be that affected.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I took a closer look on the clearer version trailer in Dojo. I REALLY think he's wavelanding right there.

chibifibi

Smash Apprentice
I watched the HD Trailer frame by frame. It does look like it, but it could very well not be.
Perhaps he just dashed as soon as it was possible, making it look like it.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
that looks like a convincing Wavedash to me. but it seems like Wario slid when he land and dashed. Let's just hope it was a wavedash.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I think he stays stationary on the ground too long before moving.

And what are the odds that the one wavedash in all these trailers would be on a slanted down platform? We all know that's the hardest type of place to waveland on.

I dunno, I'm critical.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Maybe he's like Luigi and he has very little traction, and what we see here is his momentum carrying him down the slope.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I was sorta thinkin' the same thing as Aryman. Wario does hit a slope upon landing. While it still could be a wave-landing, it could also just be sliding down a ramp. :(

Adi

Smash Lord
Yeah, remember that one of the newest additions to the brawl physics engine is the sliding crates/barrels. They might have added this slope mechanic to other characters as well, combined with his initial momentum it resulted in him moving forward like that.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Yes. That would most likely be the most logical answer. Because of the new Physics engine that Sakurai spoke of, that slide is no doubt a result of that same engine. I'm sorry guys, but I don't think you are going to be able to try out WaveDashing until the game finally comes out =P

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Wow...

normally I try to stay out of the "I NEED WAVEDASH IN BRAWL, ZOMG THERE IT IS, PROOOOOF!!!!" threads, but that is actually really great evidence of a waveland right there. The only other thing that could possibly be causing that smoke would be that Wario is now more slidey than Luigi.
Now most people have surmised that based on the videos, Wario will be a pretty weird character, so it could be possible that he slides that far. But still, that's the probably the best evidence I've seen so far.

EDIT: well apparently everyone else thinks this is a slide as well. It probably makes sense though. Why would Sakurai include a hidden advanced technique in a video designed to show the basics of a new game.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
^
^
^

My friend, I am glad you have logic for the subject XD But really, there's no use trying to find proof of your old 'Adv. Techniques' until we get a Demo/Trailer/The Actual Game XD
. . . That is a trailer. And I dunno, but to me it looks like wario's feet are moving, so he could still be dashing. Why there's still all that smoke? Not sure but remember that this is a different game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Crates can slide down a ramp, why couldn't wario? Anyway post this in the wavedashing topic that arleady sexists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom