• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash to Tornado?

GravyJigster

Smash Rookie
So I've been using Tornado as a mixup out of my approaches, and It's been working well against my buddies (we're not very good). I try to make it look like I poorly space a WD approach (where I can't space a tilt or dsmash, but also won't be close enough to grab). They bite and attack, but I can usually start the tornado before they hit, move slightly backwards, just enough to dodge, then immediately in for a pop-up, Does anyone do this? As long as you aren't predictable, it can really add an extra approach.

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I've used the before, I like it strictly as a mix up move. Most of my combos start with a wave dash to a short hop down air and that gets predictable fast. Once my opponents assumes I'll be using Dair from my wave dashes, they normally don't see the tornado coming but the downside it you will get punished hardcore if you miss. I find it to be a good situational move.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I've found the only reliable Tornado mix-up comes form when you're just about to land on the ground after buring a DJ and use Tornado. WD Tornado honestly isn't that good, and can probably be reacted to by higher level players.

Top Bottom