• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash OoS on Falco lasers?

Burglor

Smash Rookie
I'm labbing OoS stuff, the little that Falcon has, and I've got 20xx falco set to spam lasers. So, I can usually get wavedash away on them, and maybe like 1/10 wavedash towards. Anyway, anyone have any advice on how to implement/follow up on them, or when it's better to wavedash in/out? Wavedash OoS to grab? Honestly have no idea on this one, since I never wavedash out of shield.

Diosama

Stand User
It's very useful. Applying it is fairly straightforward. You know how some Falcos get too close, like right against your shield, on their approach? You would shield grab them in that case. The same concept works with wd oss, except you use to distance you gain forward to put yourself in that position and grab.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
From what I understand you don't want to WD in since Falco can just hit you out of it unless your really far away and trying to close the gap. Usually you want to WD out to gain a better position. IF it's possible to get a grab on Falco after WD in OoS that'd be a useful option, but I feel Falco could just dair your WD in.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
A really fun bait I like is WD OOS back against laser -> SH aerial approach from Falco, then grab the aerial.

Falco's love trying to cross up with aerials or going deep for shield pressure, WD back gives you a tool to mess up their spacing and get a shield grab off of it.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
My usual approach to this situation is to just PS the laser. You don't need to WD out cause you can act immediately out of PS. From PS you can definitely follow up with a JC grab, or my personal favorite, hit confirm the laser into a knee. It's the perfect revenge for being locked down by lasers year after year

Top Bottom