• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedash and Wavedash in WaveShine input timing.

YouCMe

Smash Rookie
After trying to practice my consistency of my wavedash and waveshine,I start to find out that the timing between the jump and the R button (Button that i used for wavedash) for raw wavedash than the timing between the jump and the R button for wavedash in waveshining.This kinda messes up my consistency of both my wavedash and waveshine.Should i just Keep practicing wavedashes and waveshines as usual?Or i am just doing it wrong?

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
The wavedash itself is always the same timing. Regardless, just having to move your hands from the B button and your stick from the position it was in for the Shine can make executing the wavedash slightly harder, so it still takes some getting used to to be able to wavedash out of shine consistently.

Shine is not jump cancellable immediately; the earliest you can act is frame 4. This means you have to delay your jump slightly to wavedash out of Shine. If you hit with the Shine then there's an additional delay on top of that from the hitlag, so the earliest you can act is frame 7. If you're getting stuck in Shine then you're either inputting the jump too early or not inputting it at all. If you're jumping and not airdodging then it's not because of the Shine; you're just messing up your normal wavedash input

Last edited:

YouCMe

Smash Rookie
Yeah as i tried to delay the timing between the shine input and the wavedashing input,I could do a waveshine easily.I think when i was practicing my waveshine,i input the wavedash input too quicky after the shine and it buffers a jump instead.So i have to input my R button later to compensate the early buffered jump.Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom