• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebouncing Side B

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
This AT is something every character can do, but I really haven't seen anyone use it effectively. It seems like something that COULD be put to great use though, and that's wavebouncing. Wavebouncing is essentially b-sticking without the b-stick. It's a special move used with an input on the c-stick in order to change the momentum of the character. There was a good thread for it in the brawl tactical disscussion.

Anyways.... Side B. Powerful, long-ranged, and lingering hitbox. It seems ideal for wavebouncing. A wavebounced Side B would be a side B perform in the air with a backwards momentum.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I feel like I haven't explained it well. I'm pretty sure it's somewhat common knowledge.

Should one incorporate wavebouncing into their ZZS game? Does anyone here use it? Does it help?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
This AT is something every character can do, but I really haven't seen anyone use it effectively. It seems like something that COULD be put to great use though, and that's wavebouncing. Wavebouncing is essentially b-sticking without the b-stick. It's a special move used with an input on the c-stick in order to change the momentum of the character. There was a good thread for it in the brawl tactical disscussion.
Wrong. Wavebouncing was discovered through using the b-stick, and is the only reason why most people b-stick at all. Wavebouncing is possible without b-sticking, but much harder.

I wavebounce once in a blue moon, without b-sticking. It's not worth giving up spaced aerials and quick d-smash. It's not as useful as you would think because of the dead zone.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Wrong. Wavebouncing was discovered through using the b-stick, and is the only reason why most people b-stick at all. Wavebouncing is possible without b-sticking, but much harder.
I am aware of this. I'm not wrong.:( That's why I changed my R to 'special'. I wouldn't look at wavebouncing twice if I had to give up c-sticking. With my control set up there is nothing to lose from wavebouncing. And so how can it be used?

Julz

Smash Apprentice
"wavebouncing" is actually a retreating special, I find it more beneficial to do it the hard way because that lets me do both retreating specials and retreating aerials.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I know what wavebouncing is. I know how to do it without b-sticking. I'm not asking how or what. I'm asking for what reason. Thank you to the people who actually posted their opinion on whether it was useful or not.>_>

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
I know what wavebouncing is. I know how to do it without b-sticking. I'm not asking how or what. I'm asking for what reason. Thank you to the people who actually posted their opinion on whether it was useful or not.>_>
No, problem. I personally havent seen much use for it at all. It looks really nice on ZSS and Link but never seen anyone at high level use it.

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
I actually use it. The dead zone is an issue though, but it adds a bit of unpredictability to her air movement. I think it's good to mix up your spacing (spam) a little bit. It also increases the range that ZSS can edgeguard off the screen because of the momentum boost. Does anyone know how to do a retreating sideB? If I try to retreat it, I just do a sideB in the opposite direction I was facing instead of going backwards while still sideBing forwards.

Top Bottom