• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavebirds malfunctioning?

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Lately, when I've been practicing with my two other cohorts, my Wavebird has been messing up with many of the controls- it seems to "phase out" of being able to register any input for a good half second or two, and then it phases back in.

Does anybody else experience this problem, and is there a way to fix it?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It could be that the controller is really old and is in need of a replacement. If changing batteries doesn't do the trick, then it's time to get a new controller. It's a shame they discontinued Wavebirds some years back.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
u should get one of those official white GC controllers. They have em on Amazon for like $30 but hey christmas is comming.
My wired is actually the one I use at tournies and in serious practicing/training. I just use the Wavebird for goofing off and light-experimentation. The wired is one of the old classic Nintendo models- purple on top, clear on the back. Still works like a dream despite having been used for a good 5 years.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's just low on battery, mine does that when it's time to change em.

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
My wired is actually the one I use at tournies and in serious practicing/training. I just use the Wavebird for goofing off and light-experimentation.
I've always had a problem with the Wavebird in that I feel like the inputs take slightly longer to register, so I use a GameStop brand GameCube controller when playing seriously, and a normal GameCube controller when playing just for fun.

I sometimes wonder if the slight lag in the Wavebird is all in my head, or is it real. I have a friend that will not play with anything else but a Wavebird, and he says it's the same.

Anyone else feel that there is a slight, only noticeable to those with the keenest of eyes lag, or am I crazy?

Top Bottom