• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wave Peanut

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
So this has been floating around for awhile and as many of you know the technique applies to Diddy as well. It was coined "Wave Needle" in the Sheik compendium so I thought wave peanut would be a nice fit here. I just thought I'd share a couple of tips since that video is specifically for Sheik and there are a few subtle differences for this AT on Diddy.

When doing the slide as Diddy, you need to hold B. The video doesn't specify this, because as Sheik you can just tap B. To get this to work as Diddy, you must hold B so the peanut gun doesn't automatically fire.

Diddy cannot wave peanut off a short dash. Diddy's dash start-up is noticeably longer than Sheik's, so you can not instantaneously go into the b-reversal. Though a perfect pivot is probably better at this range, a way to perform the wave peanut off a short dash is to delay pressing B by about half a second after the dash. (This is because if you dash then immediately press B, it doesn't register as a press (Instead being held down) by the time input is available and instead you will do Diddy's long skidding animation.)

Just thought I'd share some tips in case anyone wants to start compiling Diddy ATs.

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
So this has been floating around for awhile and as many of you know the technique applies to Diddy as well. It was coined "Wave Needle" in the Sheik compendium so I thought wave peanut would be a nice fit here. I just thought I'd share a couple of tips since that video is specifically for Sheik and there are a few subtle differences for this AT on Diddy.

When doing the slide as Diddy, you need to hold B. The video doesn't specify this, because as Sheik you can just tap B. To get this to work as Diddy, you must hold B so the peanut gun doesn't automatically fire.

Diddy cannot wave peanut off a short dash. Diddy's dash start-up is noticeably longer than Sheik's, so you can not instantaneously go into the b-reversal. Though a perfect pivot is probably better at this range, a way to perform the wave peanut off a short dash is to delay pressing B by about half a second after the dash. (This is because if you dash then immediately press B, it doesn't register as a press (Instead being held down) by the time input is available and instead you will do Diddy's long skidding animation.)

Just thought I'd share some tips in case anyone wants to start compiling Diddy ATs.
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I've got this technique down, as I can do it fairly reliably - but I'm unsure of how to use it. Are there any Diddy mains out there than have used this AT to great effect in a fight against a person? I've used it a couple times to try and play mindgames in a dash approach, but I can't see much more use to it other than that.

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I've got this technique down, as I can do it fairly reliably - but I'm unsure of how to use it. Are there any Diddy mains out there than have used this AT to great effect in a fight against a person? I've used it a couple times to try and play mindgames in a dash approach, but I can't see much more use to it other than that.
As I understand it:
Abuse dash to shield and the non-reversed wave peanut to shield. A good player will try and roll behind you or jump behind you to beat this. If you can read that, do a peanut wave and you've got them for another one of Diddy's beastly grabs.

Basically just a mix-up to enable your dash-to-shields throughout the game.

My problem is probably still inconsistency. I've been working on it over the past few days on both Sheik and Diddy and I'm still not confident to use it very often. The biggest problem is probably that Diddy can't do it at the start of a dash like Sheik can, so I often whiff. :s A weird move, to be sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom