• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wattup Smash People!!!

dyl0n

Smash Rookie
How's it going everybody, names Dylan.

Been playing the game since 64 & Melee, but I only stumbled across the competitive scene around January or February. First video I ever watched was MDZ vs. Kage and my mind was BLOWN. I was hook, line, and sinker. Pretty good first time exposure wouldn't you say? Haha. Since then, I've been watching as much as I can on Youtube and started playing more technical over the course of time. Only in the past month have I actually "trained" my minuscule amount of tech skill and studied the game. I watched the documentary a few weeks ago and to say the least it completely inspired me to take on the competitive scene. I pretty much only play Melee. I am in no way shape or form a proficient player, just playing against lvl 8 CPUs, but I pray the community of Smashboards can help me with that! Being a NYC borough native, the high profile competitive scene is alot closer to me than I'd ever wish for! Only problem is the borough I live in there's not much of a community for anything around here haha. So I hope to meet people near me, get to know the wonderful people of this community, as well as help me train & flourish with my skills, and attend some freaking tourneys!!!

Aside from all that, I'm into pretty much everything and have many hobbies. Sports, Music, Gaming, Collecting, Anime, Lifestyle, Pop Culture, Nerd Culture, you name it, I can probably relate to it in some way. I'm also apart of another forum community called PbNation! It's a paintball forum and I've proudly been into that sport since '05 and playing it competitively since '08. So tournament communities are no strangers to me haha. That sport is like a second home to me and I hope the same will happen here! So this is pretty much me, just a college student trying new things. I can't wait to meet all you guys and play some Smash!

By the way, I will gladly barter my paintball services for the smallest amount of Smash training lmfao.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
How's it going everybody, names Dylan.

Been playing the game since 64 & Melee, but I only stumbled across the competitive scene around January or February. First video I ever watched was MDZ vs. Kage and mind was BLOWN. I was hook, line, and sinker. Pretty good first time exposure wouldn't you say? Haha. Since then, I've been watching as much as I can on Youtube and started playing more technical over the course of time. Only in the past month have I actually "trained" my minuscule amount of tech skill and studied the game. I watched the documentary a few weeks earlier and to say the least it completely inspired me to take on the competitive scene. I pretty much only play Melee (the scene had nothing to do with it, I just got Brawl this past Christmas) and main Marth. I am in no way shape or form a proficient player, just playing against lvl 8 CPUs, but I pray the community of Smashboards can help me with that! Being a NYC borough native, the high profile competitive scene is alot closer to me than I'd ever wish for! Only problem is the borough I live in is Staten Island and theres not much of a community for anything around here haha. So I hope to meet people near me, get to know the wonderful people of this community, as well as help me train & flourish with my skills, and attend some freaking tourneys!!!

Aside from all that, I'm into pretty much everything and have many hobbies. Sports, Music, Gaming, Collecting, Anime, Lifestyle, Pop Culture, Nerd Culture, you name it, I can probably relate to it in some way. I'm also apart of another forum community called PbNation! It's a paintball forum and I've proudly been into that sport since '05 and playing it competitively since '08. So tournament communities are no strangers to me haha. That sport is like a second home to me and I hope the same will happen here! There's boatloads more about me I can talk about but I won't bore you guys any further hahaha. So this is pretty much me, just a college student trying new things. I can't wait to meet all you guys and play some Smash!

By the way, I will gladly barter my paintball services for the smallest amount of Smash training lmfao.
Ello sire! 'name's StaffofSmashing. Welcome to the boards...! Wow, this is the most generic opening ever... I don't care! Have a nice time here.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

DESSSSSSTRUCTION! :ganondorfmelee::ganondorf:

The warmest of welcomes to the forums Dylan. You could look/ask around the Regional Zones forum to see who all is closer to your area specifically. Also be on the lookout for any Facebook Smash social groups in your area as well.

There is also a guide to competitive Smash available, so you too, can take a journey on the path to destruction.

Enjoy :)

dyl0n

Smash Rookie

DESSSSSSTRUCTION! :ganondorfmelee::ganondorf:

The warmest of welcomes to the forums Dylan. You could look/ask around the Regional Zones forum to see who all is closer to your area specifically. Also be on the lookout for any Facebook Smash social groups in your area as well.

There is also a guide to competitve Smash available, so you too, can take a journey on the path to destruction.

Enjoy :)
Lmao I still watch that video on a weekly basis and even to this day I'm still in awe. Thanks for all your insight so far! It means alot man.
Edit: Apparently I cant entirely quote your post because I don't have enough posts yet to add links. :facepalm:

And thanks to everyone else for the warm welcomes guys, I appreciate it very much. I'm glad I'm no longer lurking and finally put my foot through the door.

Top Bottom