• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Watch out guys. Found a dire problem with Ike's recovery.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
While in the online waiting room, I was beating up the AI Ike and every time it used Aether to recover, I locked it in with Counter and could not recover until it went too low to recover and died. This could apply to any Counter character to gimp your recovery if you recover low.

Has this happened to anyone yet?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Could do the same from Brawl and aether+hold forward at the beginning and pull back a bit once Ike grabs the sword. In smash 4, you have to stop halfway since he can move farther back this time. The counter also isn't strong enough to do much.

Delaying aether or quick draw also solves this.

It does catch people who are a bit careless.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Also you can do much on stages like Arena Ferox, since Aether slides across the stage underneath and you can throw your sword behind your opponent who is countering. You just shouldn´t do it always because your opponent can still get a counter while Ike is spinning before grabbing the ledge, if he knows that.
I really don´t like stages here who go completly down where you can´t go underneath with Aether.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
But at the same time, couldn't Ike do this with his own counter against those that have particularly bad/telegraphed recoveries too? Little Mac immediately comes to mind. Though if they're below the stage recovering it may be safer to simply Eruption.

Last edited:
Top Bottom