• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was the "Silly Dash Grab" really patched?

RaijinWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
FierceBlaze
3DS FC
5129-1192-2635
I normally go quite extensive with threads but I really don't want to pad out a simply message I need the community to know: The "Silly Dash Grab" that Captain Falcon could do which we thought to be patched is still in the game, it can still be done.

I encountered this while in the lobby just before a match starts on FG(3DS version) and you face a CPU version of your character after choosing said character. I was Falcon and so, the CPU was Falcon also. When I dashed and grab last second, the slide effect took place and we ended up at ledge, I was pummelling while in the grab and once we hit the ledge, we both fell of the ledge. As this has just happened, I have yet to test this on other stages. Before I test other stages, I'm going to try and repeat it on the stage it first occured(Jungle Japes). I'm not sure if this is to be considered a big deal but I do certainly see it as something that was thought to be patched, still possible in game. If this is possible on other stages I will update, I wil also get working on a video for those who wish to see it for themselves.

Update: Is the desired results were reproducible, not only on JJ but also on Battlefield. I'm unsure whether to bother checking on any other stages since this seems like it is still possible on all stages. Not sure if this was something people on the boards specifically stated in the patch notes but I had heard from people that they were unable to do it after the patch.

Stay charged, Raijin out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom