• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Was gonna add Zelda into my line up but....

FrostFeydryn

Smash Cadet
Her place tier wise is trying to stray me away, but her playstyle is so sexy. And why not have kawaii elven grill in my roster? please help....

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Don't let tier placement (Which doesn't truly exist in this game yet.) make the choice for you. Play sexy elven sis if you want to.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Her place tier wise is trying to stray me away, but her playstyle is so sexy. And why not have kawaii elven grill in my roster? please help....
Do yourself a favor and throw away any tier list you may have seen and play who you like. Zelda can be dirty in the right hands, and oh so satisfying to combo with. Everyone loves an underdog!

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I talk a lot about how bad she is (she is bad, let's face it) and I definitely believe she's bottom tier now, but I wouldn't drop Zelda even if she was somehow nerfed further in patch 1.0.5

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Zelda's awesome, everyone seems balanced, use who you like.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
^ Says the guy who mains the safe mid-tiers.

OP, you're talking to a forum that adores her even though she tanks on tier lists; you're only going to hear encouragement to play her if you find her fun.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Yeah frankly, I would not suggest anyone looking for competitive success to main her.

You can place with her in tourneys. Not very well but still something. This game isn't that hideously imbalanced. Just don't expect the gold.

VinceIrons

Smash Rookie
If you enjoy playing Zelda, play her. Simple as that. She doesn't have to be your main, or someone you use in tournaments.

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
TL;DR: Don't worry about tier placements/opinions of others about a character. Play who interests you and have fun. Play the game your way.

It's funny. My friend (Who has never played a smash game before) came over yesterday and asked how to play the game. I told him the first steps is to find someone you enjoy playing, and have fun.

I've been playing Zelda since Melee. (Not Sheik. Zelda.) And I love her to death. She's always been my go-to character in smash and she always will be so long as she is a character in the Smash Roster. Even if she doesn't place very high in the tiers. Hell, whenever I start going to tournaments I'm definitely playing Zelda through and through.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
If you are trying to be competitive with Zelda, good luck is all I got for ya. I've been playing Zelda for a long time and I always loved that you could switch up her play style with her old D Special (was also hoping for actual buffs after that, cause her aggressive game sucks at least personally). But if you want a slower character who can turn reads and punishes into early kills, Zelda is your girl.

Torisuna

Smash Rookie
Yeah I agree with the users that say any tier list is crap. Its way to early to tell and I myself find her enjoyable. To me she has a lot of potential just have to play her to find out. Super fun IMO.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Every tier list I've seen so far better depict learning curves than actual character strength.

play as zorldo to ur hearts content

Last edited:
Top Bottom