• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(WARNING: NOOB) How do I set up Project M?

Marigio300X

Smash Cadet
NNID
Marigio300X
3DS FC
2964-8586-7178
Hello! I'm Marigio300X, a Smash veteran since the N64! I've played every game in the series, played Brawl for 10 HOURS STRAIGHT when it launched, and even entered a few local tourneys! (That last part is a recent developmet; I didn't think I was good enough back then...) However, I have never played Project M. I once posted that I didn't think it should've existed, but I've changed my mind now.
Anyways, I want to start playing Project M, but I have no idea how to set it up. If anyone can help me (either by posting step-by-step, or even posting a link to a tutorial), that'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Marigio300X

P.S. - Completely unrelated, but I need a better nickname(no one can pronounce my current one). Have any suggestions?

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I didn't really like the idea of Project M at first either but after I played version 3.0 I was hooked.

It's easy to play Project M. Just download the file, unzip it and move the contents to a 2GB or smaller SD card and you're ready to go.

This video kinda explains the process.

Last edited:

PoTheDragonSlayer

Smash Cadet
Everything that Grizz said except you have to also erase all custom stages from Stage Builder. Once you've done that, you just simply boot up Brawl with the SD card in your Wii and go to Stage Builder, and Project M will load from there. Enjoy :)

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Brand new copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl: $30

Reissue Smash edition GameCube controller: $30

2GB SD card: $5

Turning your backwards compatible Nintendo Wii in to a hardcore fighting game machine: priceless

Exodo

Smash Ace
well people have explained more than clearly how to install, for the name suggestion i would recommend cutting out the 300X

just be: Marigio
looks fancier, sounds fancier, and easier to remember

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here's the definitive Project M installation tutorial video.

I strongly suggest sharing this on all social media because there's no good reason why everybody who owns Brawl shouldn't also have access to Project M.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Just wanted to mention that when I was in Walmart this past weekend I noticed that they still sell 2GB SD cards. It was around 11 bucks for a 2 pack of PNY brand SD cards in case anyone is interested.

I also noticed that new copies of Brawl are still readily available at my local Walmart although they're relatively pricey at around 30 dollars. I guess that's not too bad when you figure that because of Project M you get two games for the price of one.

Top Bottom