• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Matchup

Law_Z

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2638-2529-7629
yeah.. I would just like some advice on the Wario matchup. Mostly on dealing with the bike and edgeguarding.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
When dealing with the bike use pound or a nice n-air/f-air to the Wario's face

idk about edgeguarding for Wario specifically(sorry) but nair is ALWAYS useful whether rising nair or FF nair offstage.

Last edited:

me quazzy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-9401-0113
If you shield the bike when he tries to run over you it's a free grab, rest, or whatever you please. Recovery is pretty predictable. It's usually bike --> jump off bike --> up B (if needed). Watch out for arials because I'm pretty sure Bair and up air are kill moves.
Full charge waft is a kill move around 50-60. It's not pleasant to get hit by it so best advice I have is to just bait it out or try to catch them setting up a combo for it (it's a lot like fighting against Little Mac's KO punch except hitting Wario doesn't make it go away). Down smash is easy to punish but hits hard. Best advice is to either try and bait or just keep off the ground when close to him. Forward smash has great power but also has some lag. Easy to punish. If he dash attacks against you, consider it a blessing because it's not good at all and is usually a free grab on shield.
His neutral B input grab has a little less startup lag than Kirby's neutral B. It doesn't have much end lag at all either. It makes it harder to weave Jigglypuff's arials. You just have to mix it up a little.
Although with Wario's strengths, Jigglypuff probably has the better matchup. Wario is on the heavier side of medium weight characters so you can wall of pain him decently. His recovery moves can reach about anywhere but is predictable. His kill moves on puff are all smashes, bair and up air, back throw (not to sure about this one), and Down special and up special. Most of these are pretty punishable. You definitely need to remember he has good mobility as well.
Try to make him approach and when he does, throw him offstage and make him try to recover while you edge guard. All of Jigg's arials work pretty good for this

Last edited:
Top Bottom