• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario & Gliding Toss

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I searched the forum for anything on this but I couldn't find anything, sorry if its already been discussed.

I've been messing around with gliding toss for the past few days because my friend who mains ROB was talking about how awesome ROB's gliding toss is. Anyways, Wario doesn't have the best gliding toss, but it's still pretty good. It's probably one of the only 'ranged' approaches he has.

The Tires
I really like the physics of Wario's tires lol. They roll, they bounce, and they have a set knockback. It doesn't matter what character you throw them at, what percent they're at, or how you throw them, they're going to move back the same distance every time. Tires will disappear instantly if they hit a shield. Both tires do the same amount of damage and do the same knockback. The only difference between them is that the smaller tire bounces off people further than the larger tire.

Each have they're own specific uses (sorta, but not really lol):
  • Smaller tires are good for harassing from range since they'll bounce across the stage back to you.
  • Larger tires are good while making an approach since they won't zip pass you and you have a chance of grabbing it again if you want.

Damage
  • Regular Toss - 8%
  • Smash Toss - 10%

Gliding Toss
If you've never heard of gliding toss:
Basically, if you're holding an item and you roll forward and press A in the middle, the result will be the character gliding weirdly instead of rolling and throwing the item very quickly in the middle while advancing a considerable distance.
One of the biggest weaknesses Wario faces is his range. Gliding toss is a way for him to make a quick approach, and get and possibly get in a hit or a grab. When you hit an opponent with a tire, they will be hit back the set distance, and during that time they are put into a helpless state where they have no control over their actions. Here's your opportunity to get in a hit or start a grab combo!

You can do pretty much anything you want out of a gliding toss. Tilts, smashes, grabs, bite, up-b, and even a charged waft! The time when your opponent is helpless will counter practically all the start up lag of Wario's moves.

I threw together a little video with some examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH02unnGlYg

bayonettrials

Smash Cadet
Wow, wow, wow... I just started adding this into my strategies, and I am amazed at the difference.

Thank you for this. Seriously.

Capitalizing on the whole shield then throwing, I started messing around with split second shielding out of a dash then grabbing right away. I seem to either have a longer reach or have super armor frames.

Ill work more on it tonight.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Situational, very situational

But extremely cool looking and flashy and pwnsome and ****.

Great job on the combo, Loving Wheel to Fsmash!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
This is soooo awesome! I didn't even think Wario could Glide Toss, turns out I've been doing it wrong the whole time T_T lol

Gliding toss out of shield <333

Or even crazier, powershield to gliding toss??? For those tricky projectile users

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Wow amazing post, I'll be trying this out soon. (Although to be honest I've never tried gliding toss with any character lol) Either way I'll be trying to implement this into my Wario so thanks for the find :D.

Top Bottom