• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Animations Discussion

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
P:M Wario is weird. Not in a particularly good way though.

I find it very strange that Wario alternates between his smooth running animations (which by the way, are fantastic) and his choppy vBrawl animations. He either needs the old running animations back from 2.1/vBrawl or new animations altogether, which would take far too long for the PMBR to want to do.

Thoughts?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've played a lot of Wario games and I in LOVE with how the pmbr has captured Wario's janky animation into smash.

Jreed420

Smash Cadet
I love how if he's hit with a stronger attack at low precent he turns into a weeble wobble and just kinda shakes in place haha

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Lol thats one of my favorite animations, and that intro sounds pretty legit. Another possible intro idea I thought up was to have him come out of a pipe like mario and luigi, but he would get stuck trying to get out like the silly little fat man he is :laugh:.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Lol thats one of my favorite animations, and that intro sounds pretty legit. Another possible intro idea I thought up was to have him come out of a pipe like mario and luigi, but he would get stuck trying to get out like the silly little fat man he is :laugh:.
It could be a purple pipe from Wario Land 3 and 4 just as a nod to those games.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I feel like he needs his 2.1/vBrawl running animations back. His new one is fine but it's really different from his other animations and I feel like the old one fits better.

Last edited:

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I feel like he needs his 2.1/vBrawl running animations back. His new one is fine but it's really different from his other animations and I feel like the old one fits better.
It absolutely does not fit better. Sakurai made it the **** up, he's never moved like that except in Brawl.

Wario's PM animation changes are a huge step in the right direction after Sakurai and the Brawl team royally ****ed up their depiction of Wario. Every choppy animation he has needs to be smoothed out.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It absolutely does not fit better. Sakurai made it the **** up, he's never moved like that except in Brawl.

Wario's PM animation changes are a huge step in the right direction after Sakurai and the Brawl team royally ****ed up their depiction of Wario. Every choppy animation he has needs to be smoothed out.
I agree, although I was referring to consistency when I said that. Yes, every animation needs to be reworked and smoothed out, but until then, this half-and-half bull**** needs to stop. It really looks awkward seeing him with half-reworked animations and half vBrawl animations.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I agree, although I was referring to consistency when I said that. Yes, every animation needs to be reworked and smoothed out, but until then, this half-and-half bull**** needs to stop. It really looks awkward seeing him with half-reworked animations and half vBrawl animations.
This is kind of a subject of some passion to me, the Wario Land games are some of the best I've played and Sakurai's blatant disregard for them just pisses me off, it's the one element of his game design that I'm just absolutely not ok with. The Project M team caring about what fans want to see from the character is so, so refreshing.

Anyway, his running turnaraound animation, his idle animation, his sleeping animation, his Usmash, Uair, Nair, neutral A, all his tilts, and his dash attack all look very out of place now. Should really be changed.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I can only hope this is all fixed in Sm4sh.

I refuse to play PM Wario.

Brawl Wario was great, No it didn't represent his games... but it represent this personality

Tho the disregard to warioland in terms of MUSIC and trophies is appalling.

I hope this changes now with this new music set up.

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Anyway, his running turnaraound animation, his idle animation, his sleeping animation, his Usmash, Uair, Nair, neutral A, all his tilts, and his dash attack all look very out of place now. Should really be changed.
Not going to judge you on your opinion, since you're entitled to it, but you don't like any of those animations? Personally, I love every single one of them, lol have you seen how big his head gets on up smash? Cracks me up every time.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
I can only hope this is all fixed in Sm4sh.

I refuse to play PM Wario.

Brawl Wario was great, No it didn't represent his games... but it represent this personality

Tho the disregard to warioland in terms of MUSIC and trophies is appalling.

I hope this changes now with this new music set up.
Nah, sorry. They blatantly disregarded almost everything about his personality from the Wario Land games.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Not going to judge you on your opinion, since you're entitled to it, but you don't like any of those animations? Personally, I love every single one of them, lol have you seen how big his head gets on up smash? Cracks me up every time.
No, they just look stupid and don't make any sense. Wario has never done anything like that outside Brawl. The fact that he's appeared alongside the Mario cast so many times, moving normally in all of them, but now suddenly he moves like Mr. Game & Watch but they're all still normal? Please, explain to me why you think it's better for Wario to be like this, cause I simply do not understand at all how a character like mega Man is such an incredibly faithful, practically 1:1 recreation of his classic self, yet a character like Wario just gets **** completely made up even though he'd starred in 5 of his own platformers, most of which were successful and beloved? I don't even see how it represents Wario Ware. The Wario Ware stage is a great way to translate that game's gameplay into smash, it simply doesn't work when you try to make a character out of it.

SpaceGhostC2C

Smash Rookie
The animation for his winning pose, the one when he flexes, his right arm looks like it's cut in half at his bicep. I really like this pose, and i appreciate that it represents his Warioland games.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
The animation for his winning pose, the one when he flexes, his right arm looks like it's cut in half at his bicep. I really like this pose, and i appreciate that it represents his Warioland games.
Though I still find it odd that he has his Bike victory animation despite being Wario Land based in PM. I don't know it's just something that bothers me a tad bit.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
The PM team definitely needs to take a look at Smash 4 Wario's animations.

That's the kind of Wario animations I was hoping for in PM; smoother, but still weird like Wario should be.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
idk man i think warios in a great spot. the whole point of PM is to fix what brawl screwed up. if you could name some specific animations and what you think would be better, then that might be of more help to the dev team if they were ever to take it into re consideration. i think his new run is way better though. most of his aerials are the same besides bair and dair, and both of those have extremely smoothed out animations, way cleaner than the brawl counterparts. even fsmash and dsmash in brawl were the weirdest looking things, and not in a good way.

SpaceGhostC2C

Smash Rookie
idk man i think warios in a great spot. the whole point of PM is to fix what brawl screwed up. if you could name some specific animations and what you think would be better, then that might be of more help to the dev team if they were ever to take it into re consideration. i think his new run is way better though. most of his aerials are the same besides bair and dair, and both of those have extremely smoothed out animations, way cleaner than the brawl counterparts. even fsmash and dsmash in brawl were the weirdest looking things, and not in a good way.
I agree. Wario's animations in PM, at least to me, represent his original brawl move-set and Warioland/Warioworld fairly equally. His first smash incarnation in Brawl is derived from the Warioware games and some of his PM move-set animations are derived from the Wariolands and WarioWorld. Both franchises are very important to what makes Wario who he is so they should both be represented. His animations are over-all great.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Yeah why the hell does wario still have those poopy butt bike entry and win animations. I'd like something way goofier honestly. If it was possible, it would be real sick if he could keep the bike animations only when his biker outfit got picked, and when his reg costume got picked he got something more wariolandish. PMDT please work your magic!

Top Bottom