• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario 1.1.1 Patch

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Anybody found anything? Please post it below, as I can't test it yet before I get home tonight.

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
The legends say Wario's Neutral B custom 3 Garlic Breath start up is 1-2 frame(s) faster.
I couldn't find any changes then this one, but someone spotted in the files some frames changes? I'm not sure.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I haven't gone through all the damage numbers but after having played around with him in training mode I can't notice any frame data or knockback changes in his default moveset.

Last edited:

WarioWaft

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how to test these things, but I played FG with Wario online and everything just seemed a little slower than usual.

It feels like they nerfed the bike while he's riding. I don't feel invincible on the bike like I used to IDK.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It really doesn't seem like Wario has received any meaningful personal changes.

I'd assume he benefits greatly from the increased shield stun, though, especially due to his mobility meaning he doesn't even need to dodge or shield to stay out of harm's way most of the time.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
It really doesn't seem like Wario has received any meaningful personal changes.

I'd assume he benefits greatly from the increased shield stun, though, especially due to his mobility meaning he doesn't even need to dodge or shield to stay out of harm's way most of the time.
I'm thinking making shield worse is a proxy nerf for wario.

A lot of his aerials were already safe on shield. Plus bite is so good because it beats shields. And if shields get worse, command grabs are proxy nerfed since they won't be quite as useful as they were before. Plus I'd think pretty much all of Wario's smashes are so laggy that he's probably getting punished on shield anyway even with more shield stun.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The bite still eats spotdodges, which people are going to resort to more now that shielding isn't as safe.

It also never hurts to have additional frame advantage on already safe moves.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
It also never hurts to have additional frame advantage on already safe moves.
Right, I just think other characters gain more than Wario does is all. And if Wario gains less from the change than many other characters it's an indirect wario nerf. But it's way too early for anyone to know for sure. Just my initial thoughts.

A Rogue Cop

Smash Cadet
Right, I just think other characters gain more than Wario does is all. And if Wario gains less from the change than many other characters it's an indirect wario nerf. But it's way too early for anyone to know for sure. Just my initial thoughts.
Gaining less than others still doesn't equate a nerf, it's just a smaller buff than they received.

But then again I'm just arguing semantics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom