• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want to Write for Smash World?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Are you a massive Smash Bros. fan? Do you like to write? Are you interested in international fame and notoriety? If you answered yes to either of the first two questions (and don’t care too much about the third), you should consider joining the ranks of the editorial staff at Smash World. We’re looking for additional writers here on the blog and elsewhere to help us keep giving our community the latest Smash Bros. news as it breaks, and the most insightful analysis anywhere. Hit the break for details.

If you’re interested, just send me a PM on the boards. Be sure to include at least the following information:
<ul>
<li> Age</li>
<li> Location (or time zone) and a very general idea of when you’re usually available/online</li>
<li> Smash skill (we won’t judge you on this–you don’t have to be an awesome player to help us out, and we’re not just looking for people to write about how to master every tactic in the game)</li>
<li> Technical skill (mainly as it relates to posting, i.e. HTML)</li>
<li> Any special qualifications that make you particularly fit for the job</li>
<li> Anything in particular that you’d like to focus on (news reporting, news analysis, editorial thought/opinion, community/tournament news, Smash tips, or anything else you think we should cover)</li>
<li> A writing sample. We’d prefer it if you gave us something as if you were posting it for all to see. You probably want to choose a topic that relates to one of the fields you’re interested in (see above), but if you have no real preference, you can always try your hand at recapping a Dojo update we might have missed, or writing an article about some other piece of news. Show us your strengths: if you can pore over videos frame by frame and make some really interesting finds, show us that. If you’re more into reporting on news stories, do that instead. If you like you can submit multiple writing samples, but we’d really like at least one to be in the style of what you might post on here.</li>
<li> Anything else you want us to know?</li>
</ul>
As Brawl nears, there’s going to be a lot to cover—new information coming out faster than ever before, new ideas and techniques to explore, and plenty more. So if you’d like to help us out, please send in your info.

Please note that this is entirely a volunteer thing—as much as we’d love to pay you, we can’t. But, you’ll be able to write for a massive audience and get your news and views out to the world’s #1 online Smash Bros. community. And that’s at least worth something, right?

peach-zelda

Smash Rookie
I Want To Write !!!!!!!!!!

BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM ...MY ENGLISH IS NOT REALLY GOOD...I`M FROM MEXICO, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SOMEONE WHO SPEAK SPANISH I`LL BE THERE...IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME LET ME KNOW PLEASE...I WANT TO BE PART OF THE TEAM

MY E-MAIL IS blue_freezer@hotmail.com

GoldRoger

Smash Rookie
I would love to write for you guys, altough I'm not a native speaker. .[I come from Brazil]

anyway.. if there's a chance for me it would make me very happy !

Tobias Amaranth

Smash Apprentice
I vote Fangwie for the catagory of Video Analysis or Daily Updates. You hear that Fangwie! I VOTE FOR YOUUUU.... Yep, anyway. I'd be too lazy to do anything myself, though I love speculating.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd really like to do this, with a new idea. Maybe I could post a new tip every week on how to improve your game without messing it up. But I don't have the time to present a writing sample at the moment. Big Calculus test tommorrow.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd be intrested in giving this ago. Might not be the best man for the job, but this sounds intresting. Whoever it is, I'm sure they'll do a good job. Other ideas for good choices include...well...too many too list! :laugh:

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I have a question. You've said writers cannot expect to be paid for this, but I'm wondering; is other compensation possible? For example, do you have an existing press relationship with Nintendo of America (either directly or through their PR reps at Golin-Harris)? If yes, can this be used to obtain early builds of Brawl for editorial purposes?

I'd be willing to write for SmashWorld since I have prior industry experience, but I'm also wondering what sort of compensation will be available besides "published writing experience" - I already have that.

Please let me know,

- PK

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
So...what do we have to do, exactly? Also, will we be on deadlines? I don't work well with deadlines.

ZeroShadow

Smash Rookie
I've always dreamed to have the chance to describe all the strategies and tips of stages, characters and everything else...

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Ah, excellent. I really wanted something like this to pop up one day! I can finally write about something i like which is Brawl! Hurray! I sent my form KiKi, i hope you read it. Thank you :)

Oh and with what PK said earlyer about being able to connect to the editorial of Nintendo Of America, i think it might help us get information much quicker than just waiting for something to come up. I think its a great idea and maybe we can manage to do that somehow.

~MMK

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
You won't get information any earlier than the day you would hear from it on the dojo.

Top Bottom