• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want to play Smash at a bar in Lake Worth?

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I've been talking to a friend of mine who's a manager at Propaghanda in Lake Worth, Florida. Lately we have been talking about starting a monthly at someone's house and we finally had the bright idea of holding it at a venue we both already spend a lot of time at.

If we decided to pull the trigger and give it a shot what would you want to play? Melee, or Project M 3.0. I don't mention 64 SB because it's hard to draw a crowd. Whatever game we choose to play or rotate would have its respective rules on stages, items etc. as you would see anywhere else.

Would you want to make it a smoking allowed night or smoking outside? Obviously you would need a bartender and in order for a bartender to be working a tournament people have to buy drinks. This won't work without people actually spending money. Would you like to see this a 21+ only event or 18+ event? With 18+ the rules are obviously more strict for the venue. This venue would solely be opened for and only smash bros players and audience members.

We would have a few stations setup and of course would like consoles to donate for the night and a projector screen. Wishful thinking would include a streaming group or some kind of video coverage.

What do you guys think? Do we have enough players that could support a bartendor and a venue to just smash players? Maybe I'm thinking too small. Should I be thinking about including UMVC3 and street fighter as well to bring in a bigger crowd?

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
im down for melee/project M. only 19 tho.
Thanks for the response. I expected more of a response checking this thread the next day. Who doesn't want to have a beer and compete for cash? Talked to the manager again. Realistically we could do this every 3 months and instead of having it be "road to evo" it could be "road to SB4". Months that have 5 weeks would enable us to hold the cash prize tournament on a slow day for the bar. So we could have a tournament once every 2 1/2 months. This venue holds 300 people.

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
This is almost 3 hours from me but I could try and make the drive. Like the guy before I'm only 19 though lol.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
This is almost 3 hours from me but I could try and make the drive. Like the guy before I'm only 19 though lol.
I don't see it being a problem being 18- 21 could wear wristbands. On a slow night at this bar meaning the night Management and I were discussing the bartender makes around 80 bucks. If we were to have a smash tournament and bring in a bartender the crowd/players would have to net the bartendor at least that much in tips in order to make the night happen. Management is a smash brothers player so this idea is a go if there's enough demand for it. If we get the ball rolling on this now the hype will build all that much more for SB4 tournaments at the same venue when the game launches.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
22 here and I'm definitely down.
Alrighty then! I'm gonna head to this smash tourny in Miami and see what kind of turnout I get. I'm down to make this happen if I see enough people come out. This is the best fighting game I've been involved with and I want to put it out there. Help me make this happen guys. We want to make this happen but we can't make this happen without you. At the moment we're trying to build a $500 dollar pot for the first night in melee singles. Tell me what you want and what you expect from a venue. I will do my best to make it happen.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I saw the club/bar manager again Friday night and he asked me how much feedback I got from this post and I told him barely any lol. He still said he plans on doing one anyways so I'll keep everyone updated as it gets closer. I know we're all pretty much waiting for smash 4 to come out but I think we can still have fun with project M and melee while we wait. If anything it will build a network and possibly already have a community to bring smash 4 players out when it launches to Lake Worth/Palm Beach.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
If I manage to go down to visit my sister and your tourney's fall in place, I'd go.

I miss Lake Worth/WPB :(

SpaceJello

Smash Apprentice
i live close to here and i know exactly where that bar is, but im only 20. but im down to play anywhere near lake worth

Mojohnbo

Smash Rookie
This is awesome. I live literally 5 minutes away from this place and would be very active if these were to happen. I have a handful of people that would participate aswell! Melee and PM

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
This is awesome. I live literally 5 minutes away from this place and would be very active if these were to happen. I have a handful of people that would participate aswell! Melee and PM
I talked to the manager again the other night. Some kind of video game tyournament is in the works.

Top Bottom