• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want to make Wario my secondary

xCraZy

Smash Rookie
NNID
xCraZyR3alZ
3DS FC
4270-1858-7996
I main Marth and I'm looking for a secondary. Wario looks like an interesting character and I would like to make him my secondary. The only problem is, I don't know what to do with him. Any beginner tips?

adPEXtwinDoNG

Smash Cadet
Learn to use FAir, NAir, Jab Combo, DTilt. (The very basic bread and butter tools).
Learn the aerial mobility of Wario.
Start playing.
Watch some videos off the video critique/showoff thread.

Neos

Smash Cadet
Watch Reflex's Wario. You'll learn plenty watching him play.

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
DACUS and his amazing aerial mobility. the waft, shoulder bash setups and the distance you get from jumping in shoulder bash, sweet and sour spots of his moves, edge guarding.

wario mind games are too real.

cool tricks:
if you hold uptaunt during his dair the fart animation for waft comes out. it doesn't always catch people off guard but it usually does at first.
Wario's dash grab is super important to learn i think. Its amazing for catching opponents off guard and can lead to a good combos or even a stock depending on character/stage/throw. its also great for mixups. dash grab > back throw > shoulder bash is amazing if they don't tech correctly lol.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I like Wario's dash grab as an alternative to Fthrow > dacus at sub 20%. Whenever I do it my opponent is so confused. DACUS may be straight up better but you may be able to trick thier DI as it is so unexpected.

Top Bottom