• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Want Lucario techniques/inventing Lucario techniques

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Hey Smashers!

I recently begun being a Project M player. As usual, I tried out most of the characters to see which one I liked best/felt the most comfortable to play as and when I tried out Lucario, he just felt right. So now that I am getting more familiar with the game and Lucario's movement, I now want to try my hand at learning techniques and inventing some combo attacks for Lucario. Already I have figured out a few that work really well in one-on-one combat but they can be used in 4 player as well.

Seeing also that there are many threads here devoted to Lucario's technique, combos, etc. I figured that I should post this so that there can be pretty much a thread where we share techniques and movements of Lucario with other Smashers, and if you come up with some yourself that work, you can share them on here. Thanks for viewing!

Nifubias

Smash Rookie
Something I do a lot is uthrow > utilt > stuff but it only works at low to mid percentages. Something else I do is near the edge, miss an aura bomb intentionally, grab then throw onto aura bomb. It is so satisfying when I land it.

Last edited:

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Something I do a lot is uthrow > utilt > stuff but it only works at low to mid percentages. Something else I do is near the edge, miss an aura bomb intentionally, grab then throw onto aura bomb. It is so satisfying when I land it.
A KO combo I have been using is to first grab with Z, then down throw, jump and up aerial. Works really well at higher percentages like around 120%, but it must be done with the right timing as you can then hit the sweet spot with Lucario's kick and send them flying.

Nifubias

Smash Rookie
A KO combo I have been using is to first grab with Z, then down throw, jump and up aerial. Works really well at higher percentages like around 120%, but it must be done with the right timing as you can then hit the sweet spot with Lucario's kick and send them flying.
Something I like doing a lot is dthrow > double team cancel upsmash > jc nair. Looks really cool, and it works kinda well. I use it mainly to ko at higher percents and sometimes it's really demoralizing for the opponent.

Last edited:

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
Something I like doing a lot is dthrow > double team cancel upsmash > jc nair. Looks really cool, and it works kinda well. I use it mainly to ko at higher percents and sometimes it's really demoralizing for the opponent.
I might have to try that sometime. Another one I recently came up with is the quad standard A combo. Lucario normally only hits 3 times with the standard A but if you perfectly time the forward tilt A during the final kick in the combo, Lucario will quickly launch the tilt attack with almost no difference in speed from the previous 3. Great for building up percentage as it can lead into other combos as well.

ImpossibleGuru

Smash Rookie
Well, the way I use Lucario, is non-stop rushing. So normally for a rusher/in-your-face style, IMO, is double team cancel jab 3x > ftilt > uthrow > dash attack > usmash > jc nair
But if you have your opponent at the edge, then after the usmash, it can be changed to jc forcepalm.
The combo I first mentioned racks up damage like crazy, especially if you start adding in double team to get behind the opponent to catch them off guard

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
If you want to build up quick % then you can chaingrab midweight characters at least 3 times with forcepalm. A good option then is either his magic series or a quick grab and pummel, followed by either an Up throw or Dthrow with a SH Tatsumaki. If you cant to be really flashy, you can persue with a cancelled ExtremeSpeed, then do what you will with that.

Top Bottom