• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna have consistent pivot ftilts? Check this out!

K1KK0M4N

Smash Rookie
Just to explain how good this is. Ftilt has great range and can be spaced super safely, and is an incredibly strong move. If done out of a pivot, it will come out on frame 10. Compare this to Falcon's pivot nair which will hit on frame 12 if done perfectly, and that's just the first weak hit of his nair.

We've all seen Tipman doing this in his old combo video, and most of you have likely done it a few times, but can't get it consistently, and I don't blame you. The trick to doing this, is changing the way we pivot. Most people use the tried and true "flick" method, which is a great way to get empty pivots consistently. You can use this to pivot ftilt, but you lose a few frames, since you will have to first flick, and then move the stick gently to tilt position after. The flick method is also sometimes a wildcard, since it's kinda controller dependent. We need a pivot method that will be the same, regardless of controller, and will allow us to consistently and quickly do any grounded move. Gravy's quarter-circle pivot method is perfect for this.
Instead of flicking the stick, you hold backwards for 1 frame, before moving it into the crouch zone on your controller.
http://smashboards.com/threads/advice-on-gravys-pivot-method.413391/
This thread has a picture that will give you a good idea of what to do with your controller.
A good way to practice this, is to try and do pivot dsmash with A instead of C-stick. Eventually you can move on to pivot dtilt, pivot low angled ftilt, pivot regular ftilt and finally pivot up angled ftilt, which I find the hardest.

GG I ban FD.

Top Bottom