• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall of Pain question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fame

Smash Rookie
I've read in the Jigglypuff 101 sticky about the wall of pain. But I still don't understand how to do it.
I'm quite new to the forums so I don't fully understand some of the "Bairs" or "L-cancels" that are used to explain it.
So can anyone give me a normal speak of how do perform it? Like instead of "Bair" have something like "tilt the joystick back while pressing the A button" or whatever.
Thanks

~Fame

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Read some basic info forums. Bair means Back Air and L- canceling is hitting L to reduce the landing lag of your air attacks. Wall of pain is weaving in and out of rage, hitting with your b-air basicly.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Basically, the Wall - of - Pain combo is where one strings several short hops (ie where you only lightly press the X/Y button to jump about half the distance of a normal jump - practice it on training mode; it soon becomes instinctive) with integrated and well spaced bairs (ie where you tilt the c-stick backwards whilst in mid-air (or, alternatively you can tilt the control stick backwards and press 'A' but I prefer not to do this as it alters the path of your fall slightly, whereas the c-stick doesn't)) and fairs (ie a forward tilt of the c-stick in mid-air) and also occasionally pounds ( Jigglypuff's 'right B' attacks, where she punches the air).

The idea behind this is that the bairs and fairs have a very high priority (ie they outprioritize other attacks done by opponents at the same time) and so, Jigglypuff is effectively 'invulnerable' as she is performing the Wall - of - Pain, as the opponent can't really attack. Also, pounds are used because they have a high range (they reach far).

Lastly, L-cancelling is where you quickly press R or L just as you hit the ground after an aerial attack to reduce lag time on the ground. Practice it in training mode - It is an invaluable tool

RPK

Smash Lord
Well dude just be greatful I didnt use like...
okay for one of the approaches SHABA, retreat, and if the opponent shields, come in with instead a SHFFLAUA, Utilt, SH Rest. And atleast this isnt the Fox forums cause then yeah...
SHFFLADA, SHINE, WD SHFFLADA, WD Upsmash or some crap like that xD
but anyways just mess around with the jumps such as do a full jump and do a aerial back a. You can also do a short hopped aerial back A and that you dont have to fast fall cause it will automatically cancel. just like nair. Anyways lets see...For a basic Wop or Wall of pain perform a Full jump and then do an aerial back A and as your fall perform another Aerial Back A. However that one you must L cancel because you wont have enough time for it to automatically be canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom