• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall of Pain Am I doing it right?

Shentao

Smash Cadet
I was under the impression that when WoPing, just pick and attack like Fair or Dair and keep the hitbox between myself and my opponent at all times. I prefer using Dair, was wondering if I should start trying to use Fair instead, unfortunately I can't practice my spacing really well, because my friends just get nailed by it every time, so Dair works just as well as Fair for me.

Blaazer07

Smash Rookie
A wall if pain consists of jumping (preferably a SH) at the opponent with an attack, and then quickly retreating whether it connects or not and then repeating. so even if your friends get hit by it, you keep doing it. its the repetition of a hitbox at the same spot that makes the "wall"

its a defensive maneuver, however Mk plays best when you stay on the offense, so its not a big part of his game.

anyway, the dair doesn't have enough range to make this effective, so a fair would be a much better idea.

Shentao

Smash Cadet
K, well apparently I just spam my Dair then... generally sh dairs are flying all over the place, probably to the point where I overuse it. Hopefully I'll be able to get out of that habit. I just find it harder to connect with Fair in general as compared to my Dair.

Shentao

Smash Cadet
K, thanks, good to know what Im doing isn't bad for my game. Even on the lvl 9 npcs (which are better than my friends), the Dair hits more often than not.

zamora

Smash Cadet
lvl 9 cpus are horrible....

after every nockback they air dodge...not even bothering to use thier 2nd jump

i can connect most moves into another grab if theyre below 70ish %... then u can spam Fair off the screen

if u try and tell ur friends to manuever better in thier play against you...itll not only help them, but help you get more practice in as well for your spacing problems.

i try to only use Dair to help my spacing...and to edgeguard...the sweetspot on it is the far edge of the hitbox, and sends most players at higher percentages away from the stage enough that they wont be able to recover...and if its another floaty/flying character...just use another Dair, but stay near the edge so you dont suicide a stock!!

Top Bottom