• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall jump/cling

straydoggywog

Smash Cadet
Quick question, what triggers the wall cling? I noticed a couple of times when I attempted it it doesn't work(mostly for Warioware). I played around with it in training it almost seems impossible to do on that stage, or at least impossible to do while dumping off of it. Is there a certain point within the jump that Squirtle will cling? or is it Wariowares short walls compared to green hill?

Thanks in advanced.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I mainly use the cling on green hill zone or yoshi's story. It's really only useful for stalling. And I can get it to work consistently, just tapping and holding towards the stage as you move past the wall.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Wall cling by holding the stick straight left or right (not right-up, not right-down) and once you've clinged, you can keep clinging for a few seconds if you want. Clinging also gives you your double jump back. I advise double jumping with a button instead of the stick once you cling so you don't accidentally de-cling, as declinging/walljumping out of a cling are also possible.

I mainly use the cling on green hill zone or yoshi's story. It's really only useful for stalling. And I can get it to work consistently, just tapping and holding towards the stage as you move past the wall.
Only useful for stalling? Wooooow

Disagree. You can use a double jump and side-b to reach the wall and then get your double jump back when you cling, as many wall jumps as you want, aqaujet if high enough or pause and up-b when it looks like you would normally aqaujet. It basically increases you recovery's length, your recovery mix-up potential 10-fold and also boosts our offstage game. Cling is an invaluable tool for us.

(Btw, trying to "stall" for the 8 or so seconds that cling allows is just asking to get bopped on reaction by the opponents gimping move of choice.)

*edit*

I may have mistook "stalling recovery to mess up their edgeguard" with "stalling for time". Still, it's good for more than just that.

Last edited:

didds

Smash Lord
I use it as a stall, but only for a split second, then I jump up and punish whatever smash they threw out with a bair.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Wall cling by holding the stick straight left or right (not right-up, not right-down) and once you've clinged, you get your double jump back. I advise double jumping with the button instead of the stick once you cling so you don't accidentally de-cling, as declinging/walljumping out of a cling is possible.

Only useful for stalling? Wooooow

Disagree. You can use a double jump and side-b to reach the wall and then get your double jump back when you cling, as many wall jumps as you want, aqaujet if high enough or pause and up-b when it looks like you would normally aqaujet. It basically increases you recovery's length, your recovery mix-up potential 10-fold and also boosts our offstage game. Cling is an invaluable tool for us.

(Btw, trying to "stall" for the 8 or so seconds that cling allows is just asking to get bopped on reaction by the opponents gimping move of choice.)

*edit*

I may have mistook "stalling recovery to mess up their edgeguard" with "stalling for time". Still, it's good for more than just that.
While i did mean stall for a window of opportunity, I totally just got learned on the wonder of the wallcling anyways.

Top Bottom