• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall cling problem

Ruberto

Smash Rookie
When playing squirtle I cant cling to left facing walls. I have tried this on the wii and dolphin with the latest build. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I just tried a separate controller and it worked only on left facing walls, so any ideas what's wrong with my controllers? :c

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
When playing squirtle I cant cling to left facing walls. I have tried this on the wii and dolphin with the latest build. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I just tried a separate controller and it worked only on left facing walls, so any ideas what's wrong with my controllers? :c
... Alas, it's the curse of Cling!... The SS gods, they did foretell!!! Pray ye that it not be an affliction of our beloved lady gamecube [controller]

Your motions of the divine shellshifting-staff, that's DSSS and/or "The Dizizis" or Control stick for all you amish, must be swift and decisive! Praise the shell!

Make sure the Dizizis is guided from first it's holy throne in the center neutral all the way to the holy borders of the blessed gate of the divine shellshifting staff. And make sure that this humbling motion is carried out only but once the vessel of the shell (known colloquially as "squirtle, the best damn character in the game") is flush against the walls of the arena of conquest. Finally, given all of the virtuous trials required upon the luscious face of our lady gamecube having been defeated by a brother of the shellshift, make sure the divine shellshifting staff remains against the blessed gates.

Only then wouldst thou be rid of the cures of Cling!

try to make sure your control stick returns to it's full neutral position (as in, you are putting zero force on the stick) before you tap inwards towards the wall to cling, then hold. Some gamecube controllers being old and worn, such as my old controller, start to have control sticks with weak neutral stability, as in if you hold the control stick up to your ear and shake the controller you hear it bounce and wiggle around. This messes up with the analog information and it can have a hard time doing pivots and wallclings. You may need a brand new controller, or maybe your controllers are fine and you just need to work on your neutral release or just your control stick precision.

Last edited:

Ruberto

Smash Rookie
When I shake the controller I can see the control stick slightly move around and hear it so, RIP OLD CONTROLLER

Thanks for the response, let's hope I can buy a new controller soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom