• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wall Cling physics...?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm posting this here because these boards have a wall cling to work with, and the only information I have to work with is this vague thread--

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142700

I have a few questions that I'd like answered...

How long can you stay wall clinging before you start falling? How much does the time change for each subsequent wall cling?

It seems that you can't wall cling on certain parts of most walls, so...What spots on the walls on each competitive stage allow for a wall cling?

Why does my mid-air jump return sometimes when I wall cling on Shadow Moses? Could this be abused on other stages?

It appears that you can't normally wall cling -> wall cling jump -> wall cling, but you can wall cling again after you use an aerial. Is it only after certain animations that allow you to wall cling again?

It seems like it would be a viable tactic on certain stages, like Yoshi's Island, Pictochat, and Castle Siege. I'd like for the data to be gathered so we can make potential strategies out of it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I remember talking to you about some of the stuff when we played on RC the only thing I can tell you immediately is that you wall cling on the sides on FD, YI, you can wall cling to the totem thingy at the bottom on BF also Lucario can up-b into a certain spot near the slant on the ledge that allows for a wall cling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_qfiTqHtG0

IDK why other characters can't wall cling or if i'm just doing wrong, but I haven't ever been able to wall cling to that spot with any other character or without starting from the specific spot shown in the video with the upb, haven't been able to do it from any other angle.

You can wall cling on PS1 from the middle pole, the tree and the rocks. Castle siege sides allow for wall cling. Rainbow Cruise has dozens of places to wall cling, you can wall cling to the boat, you can wall cling to the edge that the boat hits, wall cling the tetris blocks, sometimes when spawning you spawn inside the tetris blocks and wall cling within the middle of 2 when you're at the pendulum, you can wall cling to that next upcoming wall on both sides as well as wall cling to the wall right before the boat falls on both sides.

you can wall cling to the frigate edges and the wall with the moving platform, you can wall cling to lots of things on delfino, pretty much every where there is a wall that D3 can CG you on as well as the walls/islands next to the water, you can wall cling on brinstar on the pile of morphing blocks thingys on either side, you wall cling on pictochat on the sides and a lot of the transformations

edit: I think the Diddy can stay wall clinged on the wall for about 3 seconds, and I don't think it diminishes after the first one

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
edit: I think the Diddy can stay wall clinged on the wall for about 3 seconds, and I don't think it diminishes after the first one
I did some testing; assuming it's universal for all characters, it's--

Three seconds for the first wall cling...
Three seconds for the second...
One-and-a-half for the third...
One for the fourth.
The others are pretty negligible.

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh and i forgot to mention on frigate on the 2nd transformation there's 2 spots on frigate that are like little hulls that you can continuously wall jump off of, but I fall off eventually, I'm not sure if it's random or if I'm just messing it up, you can wall cling to it too though, but going in there is pretty much suicide since you can't get back to the ledge without dieing unless maybe if it flips

edit: you can wall cling>wall cling jump > wall cling without an aerial I just tested it and it works, I think this was the the thing we tested after the MM on RC at that one tournament and you said " I guess I just suck"

Player-1

Smash Legend
just tested the midair jump returning thing and you if you use your midair jump to wall cling and then wall cling again after than and wall cling jump off then wall cling again then you can use your midair jump to jump from the wall cling but you can't wall cling jump >midair jump you can do the wall cling to midair jump as many times as you start that chain until your time for each wall cling starts to diminish until it's virtually nothing (which I'm guessing this is what is happening when I explained before that you can't do infinite wall jumps in that one spot on frigate is that it is diminishing so fast for down that it's virtually nothing)

Top Bottom