• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waivdahshen!

Rable Falcon

Smash Rookie
After the whole Splatoon Craze I've finally decide to go back to playing Sm4sh after many months. Being super rusty in the game I've decided to play some "For Lag" To relearn the game. Upon doing so, something unexpected happened that made me jump from my seat. A glorious tech that has been long since been forgotten, a thing of beauty, elegance, and scratching your ass on the floor.

Obviously I'm talking about Waivdahshen.

I really don't know How I managed to do this I think, I was Tilting the control stick everywhere, that's about all I know. (I can't seem replicate it in training...)
I want someone to investigate on this ASAP! If you need the Replay, I can send it to anyone. just Send me a request stating that you want the replay.

NNID:Show_me_ya_moves

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
Wait, if you do several grounded crawl-slides in a row, wouldn't that (kind of) simulate wavedashes?
Actually, are you able to do grounded crawl-slides? The wiki doesn't mention having to do it when landing.
Grounded crawl sliding does exist, you have to run in a direction, then change direction and after a bit you have to do the same inputs you do for the landing crawl sliding. I made a video some months ago

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Grounded crawl sliding does exist, you have to run in a direction, then change direction and after a bit you have to do the same inputs you do for the landing crawl sliding. I made a video some months ago
Yeah, after trying it out a little bit, it looks like you have to get some sort of momentum to crawl slide. I think I was able to get it after walking for a little bit, but the crawl slide's distance was miniscule. It's only really helpful with the bunny hood, though maybe Speed Shulk could work?

Anyway your video was using U-turn, which would give the necessary momentum. I guess it'd be a helpful mixup if you used U-turns in the first place, but I doubt Yoshi could get anywhere near actual wavedashing with crawl sliding.

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
Yeah, after trying it out a little bit, it looks like you have to get some sort of momentum to crawl slide. I think I was able to get it after walking for a little bit, but the crawl slide's distance was miniscule. It's only really helpful with the bunny hood, though maybe Speed Shulk could work?

Anyway your video was using U-turn, which would give the necessary momentum. I guess it'd be a helpful mixup if you used U-turns in the first place, but I doubt Yoshi could get anywhere near actual wavedashing with crawl sliding.
Yoshi has a very long u-turn, I use it in real matches with dtilt because of the range of the move. Adding this grounded crawl sliding is going to be the next step for me. Btw with Shulk doesn't work because Shulk can't crawl

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Yoshi has a very long u-turn, I use it in real matches with dtilt because of the range of the move. Adding this grounded crawl sliding is going to be the next step for me. Btw with Shulk doesn't work because Shulk can't crawl
lol I forgot you need to crawl for this tech for some reason. Speed shulk is already ridiculous with his perfect pivots anyway.

Top Bottom