• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Wait, you want some random healer like me to come along?" - Generic Troubadour (FE Fates) Support Thread

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Quatro.jpg

Reminder: This thread is for fun, I don't really expect this character to be in the game, but it is a character that I find it's concept to be very enjoyable.

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Support Thread for the horseback staffed underdog, Troubadour (Or in my case, Quatro).

The Troubadour class is a reoccurring horse-mounted healing class that first appeared in Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Which in that game, they also use swords). Due to the fact that they have mounts in the first place, they can easily do Heal-and-Run tactics so they can successfully support their team, and go back to safety without much hassle towards hostile units compared to other staring healing classes, while also having advantages in Magic, Speed and Luck in their stats. However, like their healer counterparts, they also have terrible defense, and health, meaning they need to be paired with units that are combat friendly to make their job easier to do, and while they have the magic along with a mount, their magic stats themselves are not as good as other healing classes, which means their not as potent to healing as well.

Design-wise, Troubadour's have a more elegant design compared to a lot of other classes within Fire Emblem, and are given a huge redesign by the time Awakening happened from the artist, Yusuke Kozaki, which gave them a more battle-ready design in comparison to their older appearances.

As with any support thread, all support is welcomed, and appreciated
Although, this is my first thread I ever made, so any useful advice is welcomed as well :)

Now, onto to some questions you might be wondering:

Why would you want a generic mook in a game like Smash bros.?:

Well, this post I've made a few days ago would explain it:

"Simple, because I want to kick *** with a literal nobody. I mean think about it, look at most protagonists in Fire Emblem for example, most of them (Barring Ike) are colorful, unique looking, fantasized people who would look like someone we look upon. Now look at the generic units, they're characters who don't have actual names, ones that we never think twice about, ones we look down upon, ones that even the playable units themselves don't think twice about it. SO by having that freaking realistic looking mook from an anime looking fantasy series as a playable character, it gives me the change to beat those multicolored character tropes, and make them think twice.

Another Fire Emblem character? Really?:

Well yeah, I wanted her simply because of the fact that she uses a full-on tome moveset (Unlike Robin with the Sword in the mix), as well as being a mounted character, something that is very unique for Smash.

Why not Elise?:

Simple, she doesn't represent why I would dream of in Smash, despite being similar to Elise, y'know like personal tastes.

Color Swaps: (Not Final)
Pink-Black-Light Blonde palette (Based on Elise)
Red-White-Redhead palette (Based on Sakura)
Brunette-Yellow-Green palette (References Mist)
Green Hair-Purple palette (References Nino)
Blue palette (Normal blue colored unit)
Moveset (Not Final):
Weight (Horse): Semi-Light

(Without Horse): Light

Entrance: Similar to Ryu's, Quatro runs into the stage out of nowhere and gets ready, along with the sound effects of movement from the 3ds Fire Emblem games (A reference to the reinforcement mechanics during some maps).

Playstyle (Not Final): Quatro focuses on three (Or four) things: Run-and-Gun, Zoning/Crowd Control, and resource reliant for further versatility.

Note: Her moveset is based on mostly a mix of the Main Fire Emblem games, and Fire Emblem Warriors
Jab: Two magic circle swipes in front. Acts as a semi-get-off-me tool that puts the opponent in fly to medium range.

Side Tilt; Moonlight (Arcfire): Similar to Robin’s, Arcfire would created a whirling fireball that shoots down into the ground, and creates a mini fire pillar, however the big difference is that the whirling part before he shoots it has a lingering hitbox on top of him.

Down Tilt; Moonlight: Quatro points down to the ground, which causes multiple circular bolts to shoot and fly upwards from the floor, this move has a fixed range so it acts at a anti-air zoning hybrid tool. (Based on the 3rd attack of the magic mount unit combo from Warriors)

The more magic explosive Tome version instead acts as a more ranged version of palutena’s celestial fireworks, with more damage and knockback, but is also not as consistent.

Up Tilt: Summons an Electric Barrier that covers Quatro himself.

Dash Attack: Twirls her horse forward while two circular magic bolts swirl around him.

Forward Smash:

Down Smash: Summons shadowy thorns from the floor and rotate around her, does multiple hits and ends with a the enemy tripping instead of knockback.

Down Air: Similar to Mr.G&W’s new Forward Air, Quatro drops a small magic shell that produces an AOE effect (If it's hit by the floor) that slows down nearby opponents.

Neutral Special: Item Use: Use the item you are currently holding.

Side: Move: based on the movement from the FE series, it's a command dash that automatically goes fast within the moves duration, similar to Palutena's super speed, you can do 2 things to cancel, attack or stop. You also get some invisible frames from startup.

Up: No idea

Down: Item Switch: Swap your 5 items, each with their own purpose: Freeze staff, Debuff staff, Tome Moonlight, Ranged staff and vulenerary.

Character Specific trait: Mount: Troubadour would be in her horse at the start of the match, but (Similar to Johnny in All Star Battle) if you take enough huge hits, you fall out of your horse, which makes you overall weaker, you can get on the horse by jumping on it, or jump under it.

Gentilhomme/Demoiselle: If undamaged for 2 seconds, your defense will be raised by 3 percent as well as knockback
[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Last edited:
Top Bottom