• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wait.. So PM development is finished??

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
please, someone tell me this is an unofficial april fools.

i really dont want to believe that nintendo is that jealous of PM

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Unfortunately, it's no joke... PM 3.6 is the final release and all development for the game has ceased.

GabPR

Smash Lord
All download links, etc are gone too. Wow
At first i didnt think of it of something bad since we actually got a final version to develop, but not only was it sudden, also if the download is gone we need an explanation. C&D maybe?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
At first i didnt think of it of something bad since we actually got a final version to develop, but not only was it sudden, also if the download is gone we need an explanation. C&D maybe?
Warchamp and GHNeko have stated that there's no C&D. I'd wager it's something related to it, but no C&D.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Perhaps they got tired of it. The popularity did shrink a lot.
My only grit is that they never finished the PAL release, but whatever. Most of us know how to hack our PAL Wiis by now.

My question is. What will happen to this sub-forum?

GabPR

Smash Lord
Well, its a bummer, but all we need is a place to download the version and I will not be that worried. Dont care if its pirate bay like someone else mentioned.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Angell

Smash Cadet
Hello, it's a gag order, with threat of legal action if it's not obeyed. Basically an unwritten C&D to not damage Nintendo's reputation
If so, screw Nintendo. We should "Leak" it and damage their reputation even more for being so shady and not giving it to us straight.

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
If so, screw Nintendo. We should "Leak" it and damage their reputation even more for being so shady and not giving it to us straight.
Yeah i'm getting sick of all the scummy **** nintendo is getting away with recently, they still make amazing games but between this some other stuff and the disgusting **** they've done on youtube I might be done with giving them money(i'll probbly still buy their games second hand though).

rockmanmegaman

Smash Rookie
Yeah, if it's not C&D then why suddenly remove all the links and ****? Seems kinda mean spirited.

D

Deleted member

Y'all need to take off your tinfoil hats. What's been said has been said: it's not a C&D. People seem to love to lunge at Nintendo any chance they get.

rockmanmegaman

Smash Rookie
Y'all need to take off your tinfoil hats. What's been said has been said: it's not a C&D. People seem to love to lunge at Nintendo any chance they get.
Lol, then why remove all the links and stuffs? There's only 2 theories.

1) They go C&D
2) They're being jerks.

You pick.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
Well, Nintendo is dumb for doing this. Esports is the future of gaming, and if they are not gonna make there own game a Esport they should get ready for mods. Either way most company's games are modded (Looking at you Bethesda) and really it makes the game more popular. It is not as if Nintendo is losing profit if people ONLY wanna play PM they still have to get a wii and a copy of brawl.

So in other worlds PM Should of stayed.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, Nintendo is dumb for doing this. Esports is the future of gaming, and if they are not gonna make there own game a Esport they should get ready for mods. Either way most company's games are modded (Looking at you Bethesda) and really it makes the game more popular. It is not as if Nintendo is losing profit if people ONLY wanna play PM they still have to get a wii and a copy of brawl.

So in other worlds PM Should of stayed.
Ah the good old "ITS NINTENDO'S FAULT" PM bandwagon...

Seriously, if it hasn't been confirmed to be Nintendo's doing, its not.

GabPR

Smash Lord
Just came to me... what if we ask the lawyer??? Lol, they left us his link, so I believe that whatever is happening, the lawyer could let us know or hint us safely.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Just came to me... what if we ask the lawyer??? Lol, they left us his link, so I believe that whatever is happening, the lawyer could let us know or hint us safely.
I was under the assumption that the Lawyer's information was there for official stuff (Not that I'm really sure what that would entail right now), not like random questioning. I could be wrong though,

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It's a gag order or some such.

They can't say much but at least they're not staying silent.

Last edited:

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
Hm, well. People do love putting on their tinfoil hats, when not enough information is present to balance out the actions. In all cases.

I myself find it suspicious that they removed all links, blogs, and documentaries from their sites entirely.

Of course, there is a reason behind everything. But unless that reason is being uncovered, shots will be fired towards the dark woods in hopes of hitting. It's human nature.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Just when we finally got our scene going...
I Think the scene was very strong since 2010- 2013, then it started to decline once Apex 2014 happened.
I just got PM over the thanksGiving break. thank you dev team for everything.

Linkip

Smash Cadet
Ah the good old "ITS NINTENDO'S FAULT" PM bandwagon...

Seriously, if it hasn't been confirmed to be Nintendo's doing, its not.
Well. They took the game of the website so NO ONE can play it.. If they were just moving on they would let people continue to play their mod.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
"Officially", yes. Unofficially, though, not at all. There's a "New PMDT" that is basically planning on fixing the bugs with 3.6 (Halloween dev build) and possibly finishing the new characters later. You can Google them for more information, though.

Top Bottom