• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle Dee throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It's ben anounced that Dedede's forward B throws a waddle dee at oponents.
Also, occasionally the waddle dee is a waddle doo or a gordo.

What are the odds, you think, that there are even more possibilities which Sakurai has not announced yet. Like maybe bruno.

Regardless, this move seems to be Dedede's equivalent of a turnip move

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
XD I love Dedede's awesome moveset, it is WAY different that what I was expecting.

I wanna know his standard special move, still

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
LOL good point Birdie... Coz if both could inhale then what next..? I have a theory...

SUPER SUCKAGE Dun dun Dunnn!!!! such that when kirby/dedede inhales the other they become able to generate hurricaine like winds from their almighty double suckage combination. Lol.

Wow I bet that would suck so much. ;)

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Nah, I just think Kirby would end up getting a cool Dedede hat (like in the screenshot on Dedede's profile) and a big hammer to go with it. Inhale x2 seems a little redundant.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
I assume his neutral B will be the Inhale, which afterwards he spits you out as a star (Similar to Kirby's) that simply does more damage. Perhaps in all four directions, rather than just side to side? Which might just set up for Regicide (Instead of Kirbycide? You know... killing a King? lol?)?

Anyways, his moveset is wicked.
His jump (From his boss battles) even has the stars that he would release for Kirby to suck up.
He uses his minions as he's been known to do, and they picked three of the best (Though there's always that chance that there're more). It reminds me so much of the turnip, which is a very good thing. My buddies HATE my turnips.. And now I'll make them hate WaddleDees too. ;D
And finally his mechanized Hammer of deathlydoom is similar to DK's charge up punch, but not -exactly- the same. Which, btw, DK's charged up punch is my favorite DK move hands down.

All in all, DeDeDe= epicwin. Cannot wait to play with him.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, there might be others. Do you think Gordo is his version of the stitch face?

I'm curious as to how many waddle dees we'll be able to have funning around at one time.

Guru_The1nOnly

Smash Cadet
I wonder how the waddle dee's and doo's will function though. They seem to be an awesome way to cancel opponents attacks and projectiles. It would be even cooler if they started attacking you opponent afterwards even if they acted as a lvl 1 comp.

the homosaurus rex

Smash Cadet
Well, since in the Kirby games, Dedede's vacuum sucking power is superior to Kirby's (though he can't copy powers), I would hope that Dedede can vacuum up items and projectiles and spit them back out as stars.

This would still give Kirby a power, in a stronger suction.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
His moveset looks SOOOOO awesome. He is gonna be so much fun to play. Random free for alls are gonna be so much more fun this time around.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
I hope there is a cap to how many Waddles can be on screen at one time.

it might cause a major FPS drop to have 20+ walking around at one time.

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Who cares just enjoy King DeDeDe. His normal attack is probably something about his hammer. Like a huge slam with his hammer.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what the point of this thread is, but yeah, I agree, it's kind of like Peach's move... IF PEACH'S TURNIPS COULD WALK AROUND!!! Haha, just messin.' I just think it's awesome that Wadle Dee(s) will now be seen quite often. Oh about the odds... yeah, he'll probably be able to pull at least ONE more thing out. Peace.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Its also not so much like Peach's since it doesnt seem he can hold them in his hand. Also, if my theory is correct, then Dedede can get hurt by at least the Gordos once theyre on the stage...

kikenff

Smash Rookie
:)

Just yesterday i said DeDeDe would have a move just like the WD throw. I thought it be his down b but... I SO CALLED IT.

me and Sakurai should be partners.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It seems to be the only attack we've had in SSB that has ever summoned a NPC, let alone a follower/minion... The closest he've ever gotten before were those annoyingly quickly defeated NPC's that randomly came out of crates 1% of the time in Melee...

I wonder if Kirby becomes Beam Kirby if he sucks up Waddle Doo (that would be amazing), they could be going for that sort of thing this time around (sucking up NPC's like in story mode)... so you never know until we get more info.

kikenff

Smash Rookie
I think kirby will be able to copy those Sandbag(primid?) guys. they seem to use specific moves for different ones, like in videos there was one that had the huge boomerang.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Hahahaha, and people said I was wrong about the hammer actually having a gadget inside (they said "mechanical" meant just weapon technology in general, i.e. the hammer itself).

Anyway the Waddle Dee throw is totally awesome. I imagine they will die very easy like the NPC's in Melee but still, to see a Doo blast someone will be worthwhile. And I hope you're right about Kirby using it for his Beam power, that would be a cool specialty power to have once in a while.

For the record I hope standard B is his belly slide, and his attacks are all about the hammer (just not special moves).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
For the record I hope standard B is his belly slide, and his attacks are all about the hammer (just not special moves).
Don't you think that would be better suited as his "dash" move? I really do think that King Dedede is going to have his inhaling move as his B. (Think a combo of Kirby's just longer range, and Bowser-like Koopa Claw attributes.

-Knight

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Wasn't a Gordo shown in one of the demo videos? Is it a regular item too? I remember seeing it in a video and then someone got the Advance Wars AT and they knocked it off the stage.

I think that Waddle Dees just hit you and then walk around like Mr. Saturn, Doos walk around but also shoot electric at people who get near them, and Gordos do the most damage but sit in place after they're thrown.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't a Gordo shown in one of the demo videos? Is it a regular item too? I remember seeing it in a video and then someone got the Advance Wars AT and they knocked it off the stage.

I think that Waddle Dees just hit you and then walk around like Mr. Saturn, Doos walk around but also shoot electric at people who get near them, and Gordos do the most damage but sit in place after they're thrown.
That wasn't a Gordo that was a Sea Urchin

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
I really didn't expect the King to have a kick *** projectile. The Kirby Trio has all the bases covered: light, medium, Heavy; hand to hand, Sword, Mallet/projectile Minions; Puffball, Puffball w/ cape, Penguin King... hehehe now that I think about it: this game is weird. I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom