• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Waddle Dee throw gives items?

verditude

Smash Journeyman
This is from Gamefaqs, but the guy's pretty credible.

Every now and again he can throw a capsule. Seems to be less common than Gordos, but not by THAT much.

Even in items off. And even the Smash Ball.

I was just surprised when I was trying to chuck minions to eat in Training, and a Super Mushroom Appeared, then a Smash Ball. :p

Well, here's what I saw with Items off:

Warpstar
Pokeball
Smash Ball
Banana
Explosion
Food

(About the "explosion")
It was either a Bob-Omb from the capsule exploding, or capsules themselves can still explode. I don't know.
Thoughts? If Dedede can randomly throw Smash Balls with items off...

EDIT: Thread on GFaqs (it probably won't be around long): http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41252075
EDIT: Clarification! Dedede throws a capsule, which can contain any item. Not the item itself.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, yeah.

Like I said, it appeared when in Training.

He just randomly bopped a capsule out of nowhere and caused a super mushroom to appear. I kept spamming Dees, and another capsule split open to give me a Smash ball.

I did a Vs Test on Pictochat, Dedede Vs Donkey Kong, Unlimited Time. I turned off item spawning (so none would appear whatsoever) but I didn't turn off the individual items in the switch.

That being said, the capsules were giving items.

Edit: I tried with various item settings.
1) Smash Ball Only, No Items - no capsules
2) Food, Maxim Tomato and Heart Only, No Items - No Capsules
3) Smash Ball and Containers on - Capsules at the rate of Gordos, all Smash Balls.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
Cool, so what does this mean for the competitivity of Brawl? Peach wasn't banned in Melee, but then again she couldn't pull hammers, or anything like a smash ball.
I very much doubt that DDD will be banned, but the dislike of randomness among the competitive community is pretty powerful.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Well, it seems it can be disabled by simply turning of containers (Crates, Wheeled Crates, Party Balls and Capsules as one option) in the Item Switch.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
I think Xenesis is right... and that means that dedede is just fine.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
"if you couldnt turn it off he'd be banned for sure"

Stupidity annoys me.
have you ever ehard of peach?

also, its more of a disadvantage to DDD, he cant see what he has befor he throws it.
giving a smash ball to yout opponet? O NOES!! OP!

Top Bottom