• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Zelda

Lionman

Smash Champion
I need advice about this match up

I cant kill her, I cant aproach because she counterattacks with up smash or neutral B and I cant hit her, I hate Zelda

Any advice?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Dash towards her, SHAD through her, fsmash.
Dash towards her, shield in front of her, react accordingly.

And remember, if at first you don't succeed, don't try that again. Try something new.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Fake the garbage out of her. Who are you playing as? That would help a lot. Also try to attack immediately after she's done. Use a hit and run plan but no projectiles because you'll spell out your own defeat. Is this a person or a comp? (ORLY your sig is legendary)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Fake the garbage out of her. Who are you playing as? That would help a lot. Also try to attack immediately after she's done. Use a hit and run plan but no projectiles because you'll spell out your own defeat. Is this a person or a comp? (ORLY your sig is legendary)
O_o.....*looks at Forum we're in*......Ummm...I think he mains Ganondorf. :psycho:

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
If she keeps using Nuetral B, short hop an ariel Raptor Boost (only at high percentages though or she will punish it). Outside of that, do what ORly said.

Smash Apprentice
I need advice about this match up

I cant kill her, I cant aproach because she counterattacks with up smash or neutral B and I cant hit her, I hate Zelda

Any advice?
I feel EXACTLY the same.
I'm always surprised about the ridicolous area of effect this flying orb has T_T

Just don't try to approach from air or with side-b since she'll **** you with her Up and Downsmash.

Roihu

Smash Ace
You're....joking....right?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
omg guys zelda's E to the Z, all you have to remember is that she has mad lag on basically all her attacks, if she uses her fire ball run close then perfect shield (believe me it's easy to do with timing), when she uses neutral B use Falcon kick, and if she's smash happy SHAD behind then jab, it quick an effective and don't try a smash or something cause it most likely wont be fast enough

one thing to remember is to not let zelda get far away from you, if you do your screwed by her messed hitbox

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
unfortunately as you just stated ayaz, zelda is not A to the D, which is where all the problems come from. The only thing that i ever found to work was a running grab to down throw and then run away when she retaliates and attack back. Unfortunately her "D"own smash and neutral "A", as well as neutral "B" pretty much screw my "C"hances anyways. basically use someone else, or attempt to trick the **** out of your opponent until they don't know which is up or down.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I havn't faced one recently, but I moved her down on my guide a couple weeks ago when I realized how slow and punishable she as, as long as you don't rush right into her attacks. Avoid Falcon Kick, as it sets her up almost perfectly for a FAir/BAir, and be careful about trying to follow up because of the power of those moves. Her DAir has some kick to it but is very hard for her to land it, so UAir away, but don't try to juggle her higher than a full hop because she can up-B back to the ground. The last few times I'd played Sheik was giving me a much harder time than Zelda, mostly the dang FTilts, Needles, FAirs, and up-B kills (I think it's called Vanish?).

The problems I have the most with Zelda are her DTilt, DSmash, and USmash, because DTilt is pretty fast and trips, DSmash makes it hard to stay close and knocks you back at a pretty bad angle, and USmash stops all aerial and several ground approaches. But she's really not that bad. Once I play another one I'll most likely move her down some more.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
unfortunately as you just stated ayaz, zelda is not A to the D, which is where all the problems come from. The only thing that i ever found to work was a running grab to down throw and then run away when she retaliates and attack back. Unfortunately her "D"own smash and neutral "A", as well as neutral "B" pretty much screw my "C"hances anyways. basically use someone else, or attempt to trick the **** out of your opponent until they don't know which is up or down.
man im only telling lionman how to deal with HIS specific zelda problems, not yours, if things start to change in the zelda he's facing i'll go into depth of how to beat her

seriously man if I knew a 100% way to beat zelda all the time I would of posted it by now.

Top Bottom