• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs Zelda help

HuffmanD

Smash Rookie
i've been pretty much owning with ike, until my friend started playing zelda.

i can't seem to get past her bloody fireball spam. and when i do, it stalls me enough that she gets a good hit out of it. and apparently she's not melee zelda, so her hits count.

any advice on getting through her fireballs?

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Take note of Zelda's limited range with Din's Fire. It can't go that high, so use that to your advantage if you can. Otherwise just learn the explosion radius and air dodge it. When you're on the ground I charge quickdraw to approach my Zelda-using friend, but you can run and dodge if you have good timing too.

Edit: that is, Din's Fire can't go that high above Zelda's head. Her range is somewhat like a cone that projects outwards.

HuffmanD

Smash Rookie
ike is just so slow, and her fireballs have such a huge field of effect. their hitbox is rediculous.

is zelda at all considered a strong ike counter, or do i just suck badly?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
I main Ganon and anyone with a decent projectile counters him hard. I'm guessing Ike has the same problem.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I main Zelda, and Ike is probably going to be my secondary. That's funny.

Anyway, there are three viable ways.

One: rolling. Basic and simple. Unless they know how to use Din's Fire really well, this should be effective.

Two: Dashy thingy (I forgot the real name, hush). This is effective because it covers a lot of distance, and if you can time it right and land on a platform, you'll be able to follow up almost immediately.

Three: Jump into air dodge up and towards the Zelda player. That gives you a bit more, and is probably a good way to counter that as well.

You just need to follow where your opponent likes to place their Din's Fire. If it's behind, you're going to go towards your opponent. If it's in front, you'll be pushed away and set-up for another one. Sometimes you may also want to take a hit or two with the same tactic, then change it to throw them off.

Simply put: learn to read the direction of the Din's Fire. It's fast and gets larger the further it goes out, but it's still fairly easy to dodge if you can figure out the typical point of explosion that your opponent prefers.

Top Bottom