• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs Wolf

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
IDK why, but wolf players just seem to give my Kirby such a headach. I have an easier time with them if I change to Lucas but I don't always have that luxury. It's mainly that laser and those longrange/powerfull smash attacks of his. Players who spam these especially give me trouble. I just can't find a way to get near them. If I fly in, that dumb up smash of his comes into play, if I try to land in front, his claws are too fast and then it's over smash. The only time I manage to get close is if I land a well placed final cutter or over use my sidestep and roll dodges but that sometimes also fails because of the range of this over smash.

So, how do the rest of you deal with Wolf players, especially the camping ones.

Sejita

Smash Cadet
Campy wolf players are easy, at least IMO. Bring the battle to them with a few shield dodges, then inhale and take his laser. If he camps, you camp too. Again, Wolf is one of those characters that should get beat by Kirby in the air, so put him up there. If he manages to establish his ground game, you're going to have some trouble. Shield dodge roll, hammer seems to work the best for me.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
IDK why, but wolf players just seem to give my Kirby such a headach. I have an easier time with them if I change to Lucas but I don't always have that luxury. It's mainly that laser and those longrange/powerfull smash attacks of his. Players who spam these especially give me trouble. I just can't find a way to get near them. If I fly in, that dumb up smash of his comes into play, if I try to land in front, his claws are too fast and then it's over smash. The only time I manage to get close is if I land a well placed final cutter or over use my sidestep and roll dodges but that sometimes also fails because of the range of this over smash.

So, how do the rest of you deal with Wolf players, especially the camping ones.

I play against Candy's Wolf all the time, he utilizes snakes nuetralB (gun) very well. If ur fighting campers don't roll but do a short jump backwards and utilize air dodge if u need to but move slowly towards the wolf so as not to b hit b forward or down smash and since ur in the air back air will hit them really well and from there u can WOP or inhale or just edge guard. whatever floats ur boat.

Also i have discovered an amazing combo with Kirby but haven't put a video up yet.
It goes forward grab, upair (while DIing forward C stick helps here), forward grab, up air down tilt, forward smash. guaranteed to work against human players. If not message me and i'll let u know what ur doing wrong. this also works with only one grab instead of two and they MUST HAVE 0-5 damage only. The important thing is this combo is 0-50 guaranteed and knocks them off any stage so u can edge with downair or back air or inhale very very well.

HOPE THIS HELPED : )

this is also a good video of us playing.. i dont do anything i mentioned above but its still a good match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq0tHFqtG0g

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Edge guarding is the best way to deal with Wolf. He's not that floaty compared to other characters so whenever he's off the stage, meteor smash him with Kirby's down air. If that's not too viable, then predict where he's going to end up with his forward B and stone him. Dodge his forward smash and attack with yours. Don't just keep using smash attacks cause he'll probably guard them and easily pull off one of his own and try to find an opening. and you don't want your smashes to get stale. Think everyone said the other stuff.

Top Bottom