• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Sonic

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
anyone have any opinions on Kirby vs Sonic? Kirby just is soo easily over whelmed by sonic's speed. At points he jsut bounces me around like some pink bouncy ball! I usually can catch him off guard with the hammer but vs a good sonic player it's tough. any opinions?

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Inhale him. It has priorety over like all his moves, and from there, anything works. Kirbycides are a viable option, and using the Homing attack power against him will sort of match his speed.

The Final Cutter works good too; but don't spam it. Use it in surprise.

And remember to keep shielding/dodging. Rolling doesn't work as much against sonic, UNLESS, you are rolling away from his Homing attack, which usually works.

Oh, and keep close. The goal of every Sonic player is to space yourself. You have to make sure you stick close to the opponent and overwhelm them with Kirby's moves.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Inhale was how I messed up fox in melee, I have't tried it in Brawl though. So close range huh? I'll give that a try, thx.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Platform stages sort of ruin sonic as his ground speed doesn't transfer to air speed. Play stages like Delfino Plaza or Battlefield and play campy. Shield his aerials and go for the grabs. Keep him in the air and try to avoid large flat areas. Also, he may attempt to Dair straight back down if he's stuck in the air. Take advantage of the massive lag on it and come in with a hammer.

Ok, I helped, time to go back to the Melee boards >_>

6footninja

Smash Ace
Yeah utilize the platforms (if there is one) and keep close.
Shield spamming works well from time to time. But for the most part, stay within butt-kickin' range.

Gumtastik

Smash Rookie
ugh! sonic is such a b****! he is really hard to go against, but you got to be quick, and know what your doing.

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is a pushover with like 2 moves that could potentially kill, combined with mediocre attack speed and arial mobility. In comparison, kirby is a Pint-Sized powerhouse with uber windown prowess... Play your bairs and fairs right, and it should be an easy fight.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is a pushover with like 2 moves that could potentially kill, combined with mediocre attack speed and arial mobility. In comparison, kirby is a Pint-Sized powerhouse with uber windown prowess... Play your bairs and fairs right, and it should be an easy fight.
Agreed. I've yet to fight a sonic so far that's been a true challenge.

Top Bottom