• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS. Sheik

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet

I got destroyed by a Sheik yesterday.
Similar to the Fox matchup, Sheik has the mobility and fast powerful attacks to completely swarm Bowser Jr. :(
I have not tested her needles vs the Mechakoopas, but I think the needles shoot through the MK and hit Jr. anyway. They are piercing projectiles so that's my guess, but that needs testing. And it doesn't offer help against a jumping Sheik who aims downwards. :(
Jr can auto cancel his aerials and still hit Sheik, but she's so fast that I can't even Ftilt them before Jr gets grabbed or knocked back.

What do you guys think of this matchup? I don't think Jr has the advantage this time...

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I havent had any problem with sheiks since they are kinda predicable of what they will do!
they do love to set up to make you a pain but watch out for the set up and watch their movement!

watch out for the flying fish when they will recover or when you will recover, but Jr Fair has priority over it! you need to know when she will do it!

dont remember how the MK was if its go under the needles or that the MK absorbs the hits and explodes either at shiek or the last needle hits it.

Last edited:

The_ToolBag

Smash Cadet
NNID
mr.kasabii7
Sheik is not BJs worst match-up. While Sheik is fast, you can get comboed easily, but it is not as deadly as, say, ZSS. Sheik suffers from the same thing, killing BJ, and since you are a heavy character, you can survive longer. So just play patient and keep applying pressure. Watch out for bouncing fish off the ledge, and up-b kills. Needles do blow up the mecha, so keep that in mind

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
I like to play the bait-and-space game with this matchup, where I mainly use aerials to space and keep Sheik in check. Approaching in this matchup is almost never an option, since any small mistake may lead into an easy combo for her.

General things to keep in mind:
-Her bouncing fish is a kill move, take care when edgeguarding
-The weak hit of her bair will NOT allow you to regenerate your cart, so only recover low if it's your LAST RESORT
-Good MK timing and placement can limit her stage control, so whenever it's safe, make sure you get them down
-Sheik has lower kill potential than some other characters, so make sure you play safe enough to avoid her few kill moves (Usmash/Fsmash, bair in some cases, bouncing fish, etc)

So yeah, just play cautiously and react to what they do. As Bowjow, you have the tools to win this matchup- it just comes down to how well you use them in reaction to how your opponent plays.

Last edited:
Top Bottom