• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VS. Pikachu

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet

respect this guy... you won't like him when he's angry.....

I find this matchup really hard...
Pikachu is extremely fast and deadly.
He has a tiny hurtbox, can literally duck under many characters' attacks
He is almost impossible to gimp or edgeguard due to quick attack, and if you don't kill him outright, using skull bash and QA he will definitely make it back to the stage.
He is an excellent edgeguarder himself, being able to spike with one hit from his Bair (look up a match between ESAM and NAKAT - Pikachu spikes Fox with one hit from his Bair... I will post the video if anybody wants it). He also has other options in Nair, Fair, Dair, Thundershock, and Thunderbolt (down B)..... Nair and Bair will definitely gimp Jr's recovery... Not sure if thundershock will stop up B... that needs testing.
He can combo characters like Bowser Jr. easily... juggling with Uair and utilt and Nair...
His smashes have good lasting hitboxes and are not easy to punish... Dsmash tends to get me if I shield for too long.

Honestly not sure how to deal with this guy.

Thankfully, the mechakoopas will take a thundershock or two for you, so you can advance without much worry.
Fair and Bair are still disjointed and will beat out Pikachu's aerials if spaced properly
We can still juggle him, and if we get a kart dash in we can rack up a lot of damage on Pikachu.
He dies quickly cuz he's lightweight.
We can outrange Pikachu in general, but it's not easy to time it properly because he is so bloody fast....

I'm out of ideas on this matchup, and personally think Pikachu has the advantage, but let's see what you guys think.

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
pikachu has nothing on bjr because pikachu can't deal with rushdown.
as long as you're not running into thunderbolts and you're DI-ing uthrow-thunder, pikachu gets KOd super easy

Top Bottom