• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Pikachu

Elementals

Smash Rookie
I figured this was a good time to ascend from solely lurking. Anyway, I have this pikachu on friends list who is really good. I have an especially hard time approaching him due to constant thunderjolt.

I'll throw a banana, but the flinch of the jolt doesn't allow me to capitalize on the slip. I find myself hopping over him with the kung fu kick and practically EVERY attack in pikachu's moveset has priority over diddy except the kick.

When he wants to KO, he'll do a running up-smash like diddy's, only way better and extremely faster. Sure I've picked-up on his tactics but the smash attacks come out so fast, its hard to effectively counter.

Oh, and edgeguarding? He'll thunderjolt to stop diddy's approach and zip back to the stage. I've beaten him before because I overwhelmed him with my naner game, but now its hard to even start up the naner game. I have another friend who uses pikachu as well who I can't beat. I can, however, beat pretty much ANYONE else he uses. Same thing with the first pikachu mainer.

Anyone else having problems against good pikachus? Do I suck? Or can a good diddy not beat a good pikachu?

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
You don't suck I had trouble beating pikachu once but you just have to learn his moveset . The main thing is to stay away from his Down smash which is just gay and only attack when he is open. If he does thunder time your run right and grab him. If he starts thundering on the ledge to edge gaurd it can be pretty hard but you can either roll or quickly jump up and press Forward B to get passed. if he starts thunderjolting just jump over it and either attack or pretend to and then attack him while he is open...
oh and you can use RAR to throw the banna at him instead and do the smash banana throw.

That stuff worked for me anyways

Elementals

Smash Rookie
Ok, thanks. I haven't tried feign attacking yet. I guess I'll have to stay calm to fully utilize the opening I create. And excuse me for my noobiness, but what does RAR mean? Roll>A>Roll? Is this the same thing as glide tossing? (haven't really learned it yet)

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
My buddy plays a really good pika... I find that the best technique for approaching him when he's spamming lightening is to jump and hit him with a banana to distract his spam, as soon as you land quickly shoot a peanut then quickly dash and spam up on the c stick. Hope that makes sense... I hate that #$@#$ rat!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
diddy doesn't have priority. stop trying to override attacks if you know that. just be more patient. theres no reason for pika to edge guard you your recovery is ******** good. just wait for him to go way and get back. pika's spam stuff. shield to smash attack. also remember most of his attacks are multi hit so keep the shield held up. especially watch out for downsmah. they like to do it when they are behind you and when you are be behind them. so look out for that. don't charge in on pika. don't use dash attack unless you've tripped em

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
RAR = reverse aerial rush. Essentially, you run at them and jump, but instead of doing a forward aerial, you press away right before you jump and you can do a back aerial instead. Pretty much its just a back aerial with forward momentum.

Anyways, any tips on shield pokes? Seriously, I hate that d-smash. I've seen a Marth shield grab a pika out of it, but I always get shield poked instead. Same with his bair. Pika's too annoying.

Top Bottom