• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Olimar.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hello. I main DDD and my friend mains Olamir.
and DDD gets ***** by olimar.

I have heard that MK does really well against olimar. Sonic can shake off the pikmin and get up in olimar's grall as well, but MK is the more badass.

so... any advice? I have only played MK once, and i havent really studied up on him, what moves work.

so here i am, a DDD main, with no experience with MK, looking to **** Olimar's face.
where do i start?

PS:
I dont have a moded Wii myself, my friend does, so i cant really take time for myself in training mode or anything.

xigon

Smash Apprentice
I would say MK because he is more quick and small then dede, thus making the olimar throw abit more dificulte to shoot out. Also, if a pikmin latches on, he can do mach tornado or drill rush to take them off.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, ive pretty much confirmed that MK is better vs olimar then DDD... in fact, I think everybody does metter vs olimar then DDD... except perhaps for ganon.

im asking what specifically i should focus on learning, in order to own olimar with MK.

psg188

Smash Rookie
Against Olimar firstly read my thread about my MK observations and the 'Behind the Mask' guide. Both should show you how MK works.

Olimar owns in 4 major directions. Above him, below him, and to either side. This may sound bad, but all you have to do is avoid his smashes and approach him diagonally. In the air watch out for his up and down air. All you have to do is get him off the stage and then edge hog him, he's quite easy then. Focus on forward air approach, and down smash. Just get him off the stage, maybe use a down air to knock him away, then edge hog. As long as you roll right when he up Bs. He'll miss and you'll be fine.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Thanks much, just what I was looking for.

but I tried the Diogonal, from the air approach with DDD, but he just whipped me with his tether thing. wouldnt MK be similar?

psg188

Smash Rookie
Well it's not a 100% thing, you have to mind game it with forward, diagonal, and vertical approach. Olimar has good range but is fairly slow. MK is small (i.e. harder to hit) and is fast. There is no guaranteed way to approach him, he's much easier to approach in the air. What you have to realize is that in any situation if the other player is simply better there is nothing you can do, but being MK will certainly give you a better chance.

You have any videos of his play that I could watch to give you more situational advice? Other things you could try is a dash at him, spot dodge the impending smash attack and then grab. Get him in the air where he is easier to attack. Or if he is the kind of player that shields and waits for an opportunity to shield grab you can spot dodge that, or dash grab him since Metaknight's grab is very fast.

I can't be any more specific unless you can tell me his play style or show me a video.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
thanks for the help, Ill post a vid if i get the chance... i might have to go offline for a 1-3 days though, school work is piling up

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the help, Ill post a vid if i get the chance... i might have to go offline for a 1-3 days though, school work is piling up
when you make the vid of you and your friend post them in the olimar video thread also. i am a olimar mainer and we would like to see a good match it would help us alot thx :)

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
same thing holds true to metaknight's approach as to olimar. keep him in the air, i doubt he'll be able to throw any pikmin at you.

mach tornado to throw off his balance and forward smash.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
same thing holds true to metaknight's approach as to olimar. keep him in the air, i doubt he'll be able to throw any pikmin at you.

mach tornado to throw off his balance and forward smash.
olimar can still throw pikmin in the air

Top Bottom