• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vs King Dedede

Alou

Smash Cadet
I've recently been having trouble using Pit versus King Dedede. It seems that every time I get forced into the air, I'm pretty much stuck and can't get back to really any type of safe point. So basically any tips against him would be great!

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
My friend has a pretty difficult to approach DDD as well.

Here's what Pit has to worry about:
- DDD projectile spam. Slow, archy, and surprising knockback on Pit at mid->higher percentages.
==> Arrows really help versus this. Especially since DDD has a pretty slow approach. DDD's projectile spam can't be "ignored" as much as Arrow spam can, because the random spike projectile is very brutal. I'd try to soften DDD up as much as possible with the arrows, and when I am able to get him into the air, a wall of pain juggle with arrows in between really do a number on DDD.

- DDD has a pretty good shield/shield grab game.
==> I am pretty cautious approaching DDD because his throws can lead to a lot of spinning hammers sometimes. You really have to have superior spacing with your jumps. The best way to do this is to have a non-linear trajectory in approaching DDD; short hops, mindgames, approach-retreat-approach-retreat-attack.

- DDD has a pretty large disjointed hitbox for his hammer.
==> Try playing as DDD a few games versus some good opponents (maybe 5-10 matches) to see where those weaknesses are)

- A few of DDD's attacks can kill Pit (depending on stages) at pretty low percents (sometimes in 70s and 80s).
==> Learn which ones can do this and when! I don't fear his forward smash too much, but his dash attack and aerials can do a number on Pit.

- Pit has low priority coming down from the air (original question)
==> Pit has a huge plethora of recovery options. Do whatever you need to move away from DDD asap; glide to the ledge and grab on; hops and air dodges and hope that he might stay in the air longer in which case your up air destroys DDD; Just fall off to the side of any edge and use the up-B at some point.

This is my style and method of dealing with DDD. Any critiques on the weaknesses of my ideas are very welcome. DDD is very tough!

Alou

Smash Cadet
Thanks. I was doing some arrow spam from far off when I fought him, and I was doing decent, then he finally decided to get up close and after a few solid hits he got me in the air. Nothing really seemed to be working for me well so I'll practice some of the stuff you touched on.

Top Bottom