• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. *insert character here*

Solaris_Noid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koga_Noid
3DS FC
0619-3734-0827
Switch FC
1232-9460-2152
I started playing this game again and I'm having some trouble with a few matchups, if anyone can give some advice I'm all ears. First up:

1) C.Falcon

He's obviously faster than me so I have to watch for grabs. The big thing here is Falcon Kick/Raptor Boost. What are some good punishes for these, down smash doesn't have the range like I figure it would(unless it's only at high %), is the best punish just shield < grab or what?

2) Z.S.S.

Pretty much just everything. Admittedly this is one I need to grind out more but the Stun Gun special(forget the name) and the wire grapple kinda throw a wrench in my neutral game. Pretty sure a decent charged AS can go through the projectile though.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Against Captain Falcon you need to make sure that you're far enough away to react to a dash attack or dash grab. By being in that range you can also punish FK/RB. You should be going for grabs as often as you're able at lower % with low aura to try and rack up %. Captain Falcon's recovery is also easy to punish, so try to get throws off the stage and predict his recovery pattern.

Top Bottom