• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs falcon help (With more information than the other thread, lol.)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I asked Cactuar about this a while ago, he told me it's (paraphrasing)

Just about getting around his Nair and not lagging enough for him to Dair you or grab you.
But since I'm incredibly inconsistent, it's very easy for them to hit me.

Sucks, eh?

I'll get better eventually :\

Bets

Smash Journeyman
fullhop dairs always outprioritize falcon shnairs cause u know... falcon nairs can't hit vertically. dairs are amazing at high percentages. its guarranteed kill if you can shine wavedash usmash or shine upsmash after landing the dair.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Cyko, i'm curious to know which you think is better.
well if u are askin flashy vs efficient well efficient duh.

but i was talking about those vids posted so thats not really representative of their playstyle on a grand scale.

both top foxes i think cactuar has an edge though.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
fullhop dairs always outprioritize falcon shnairs cause u know... falcon nairs can't hit vertically. dairs are amazing at high percentages. its guarranteed kill if you can shine wavedash usmash or shine upsmash after landing the dair.
uair > full hop nair. Truth.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
SHDL. Run away. Repeat.

Also, throw in an upsmash sometimes to kill.
I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but shdl will get you ***** in this matchup. But as I think everyone knows this, I'm merely reiterating this for any newcomers who may not realize this fact.

shff laser is ok when you want to force approaches, but you can't actually laser camp Falcon to the degree you can most other characters.

Bets

Smash Journeyman
SHDL. Run away. Repeat.

Also, throw in an upsmash sometimes to kill.
you can laser camp slow falcons on neutral stages, but not fast falcons. lasers are good for forcing approaches. they only have a few options for approaching you. grab, nair, and stomp.

i'll add more later.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't know if this is sarcastic or not, but shdl will get you ***** in this matchup. But as I think everyone knows this, I'm merely reiterating this for any newcomers who may not realize this fact.

shff laser is ok when you want to force approaches, but you can't actually laser camp Falcon to the degree you can most other characters.
shff laser is ok. It's good to throw in a laser or two while approaching, or while at neutral spacing. It's usually alright to do one or two retreating lasers just to get back to a safe position. You can't camp fast characters, really. ;[

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i wouldnt laser at all in this MU. its free lag with no hitstun. falcon predicts your laser, he takes the worthless 3% and all of a sudden youre stuck being comboed to death.

listen to the cactuar quote: get around the nair, keep your lag minimized, and stay as mobile as possible.

Top Bottom