• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Falco

Toe

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I need more help against Falcos. I am able to power shield lasers pretty well but I still feel like I am too overwhelmed by them. Sometimes I feel as if my character is being locked down by the lasers because I am being hit so often. I'm not sure if attempting to limit the space between me and falco is the best option or what. I know PPMD talked about only power shielding when at a decent distance but that he usually just takes the laser when they are closer up. I know this is just a bunch of jumbled thoughts and there won't really be one answer but I will really appreciate any feed back!

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Like PPMD said, only power shield from afar, because you'll be in shield stun long enough to get punished up close, WDing out of shield is also a safe option against Falcos, and yes always try to make the space between you and Falco as close to the tip of your sword as you can.

AirFair

Marth tho
I talked to ARC about this awhile ago. He said that trading their lasers up close with jab can also knock them out of an aerial. Besides that, you just have to be mindful of where you go, whit wdOoS and the like. But yeah, dthrow off the ledge. Master punishing from that.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
If they're lasering at a range where they could conceivably laser grab, you can hit them in the lasering jump. If they do laser to immediate aerial, depending on how much stage you're willing to give up, you can nair, fair, or WD OoS. Powershield grab, assuming you're in range actually kinda destroys. He even gave you some free percent before you throw him.
You can also just CC lasers and gain tremendous ground safely, but you take a little percent for this, which can add up.

TheBoyRoy

Smash Rookie
I would suggest that you work on your platform movement. I grinded it a lot and it felt like it really helped to makes the lasers less intimidating.

Top Bottom