• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VOID] Zareidriel's Ike Video Thread

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea zars right my guide is crap.....b/c i dont own the game right....everything in there is wrong b/c i dont own the game right, you cant learn anything from watching other people and been given tips from people who have played the the game.....so zar is your guide so much better then mine b/c mine is nonsense and yours is not b/c you have the game and i dont.....and i would ask you to read my guide but i already know you did, so why dont you go through my guide and read and tell me that everything is false and everything in my guide cant be done or it is a lie....b/c i dont have the game.....right?

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
well im sry u cant read....i didnt use big words did i?

i mean no matter how bad someons writes, i can read, i know how to read, try harder

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
wait so CK did u understand what i wrote, now be honest could u understand that?

Kyune

Smash Rookie
...the point is that if you haven't played the game, trying to write a guide when you haven't actually played it is kind of a hollow pretext. You can watch the videos all you want, but it's simply not going to be the same as having the game in your hands....I don't see how it's much different than someone knowing what advanced techniques are and then using that to assert some kind of authority.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
What he said.

I'll have an Ike Video Tutorial up soon. 8D

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
cool beans. ZOMG im soooo impatient!! i cant wait to get my hands on Ike!!...thats in a non-sexual way

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
well im sry u cant read....i didnt use big words did i?

i mean no matter how bad someons writes, i can read, i know how to read, try harder
I think the point he is trying to make is that your text is a grammatical piece of crap. Try using sentences and punctuation every now and then.

Did you really write a guide without owning the game? You must be kidding me.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
Zare and I put together a basic Ike tutorial, but I'm having trouble uploading it. Internet sucks at my house...

At any rate, Zare plays a very good Ike. I know that a lot of people are complaining about the aether being punishable, but don't forget:
1) Ike can take a LOT of punishment
2) It comes out a helluva lot faster than a smash, and
3) It's nearly impossible to interrupt.

The only advice I would give Zare (after playing him match after match after match) would be to use more sideB to AAA combo's, and more running jump Bairs. We're only had the game for about a week, so no complaining about Zare's Ike game, please... he'll have everything mastered within the month, and by then we'll be able to put up some great quality videos of advanced techniques.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I punished his Aether with Snake's C4 pretty well.

Unless he wanted to lose that stock.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure you did too, Parth ;) Aether is nearly impossible to interrupt, not completely. Plus you play well.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
heh....zars hiding behind others words

if you have'nt read it don't say sh** about it

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
Constructive criticism for your friends: L2 Shield Grab.
Most of Ike's moves push you back when shielding, so it's relatively difficult to shield grab him unless he's coming in from an arial or forward-B.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Pfft, I never needed that stock in the first place. XD

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
This thread is void, all videos will be moved to the no-nonsense Ike Guide.

otakurhyn

Smash Rookie
awesome vids... the commetary was freakin hilarious....i know my zareidriel well.lol

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
Haha Zareidriel, you guys remind me of me and my friends. Can't wait to Ike ditto you over wifi though I'll get owned since I've not even played the game yet =P.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Haha, that's awesome, and I agree, it'll be fun.

Okay, time for this thread to die! *kills*

Top Bottom