• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice for Pac-Man?

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Just kinda a thought I had for quite a while. It's not a huge issue but I still somewhat would have liked to hear him speak again. And no, not his awful GA voice. I would have liked to hear Martin T. Sherman. (Who voiced him in Pac-Man World 3 specifically)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I personally think Pac-Man should be mute. I see him like a very old cartoon character, his actions speak louder than words.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm fine with a mute Pac Man as well.

His almost never ending smile says enough.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I don't know if he should have voice-acting, but I would've liked him to make a little bit more noise than he does. Some more bleeps and bloops from the arcade games would've been nice. I would've loved for him to emit the classic "death" sound when star KO'd, for example. With he, Mega Man, and Villager all being newcomers who are silent for their star KOs when the tradition has been to have the characters scream, it comes off as a little bit lazy. I understand that these are characters who normally go unvoiced, but they could have at least had used appropriate sound effects for them, like they did with :4rob:.

Goggalor

Smash Cadet
I personally think Pac-Man should be mute. I see him like a very old cartoon character, his actions speak louder than words.
I don't think anything more than that needs to be said about him. I kind of see him on a similar regard as the likes of Charlie Chaplin or the Three Stooges. A character that can say so much just through actions and expressions. Adding a voice would sort of take that charm away from him.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If he had to have a voice, I'd have actually loved to see something like his Adventures in Time voice. It's the only one of them that I've liked.

Top Bottom